Forged Wire Cuff: Make a Handwrought Silver Bracelet with Travis Ogden DVD
Join metalsmith Travis Ogden for his video workshop DVD and learn how to craft a heavy-gauge wire bracelet project as you advance your soldering, fabrication, and finishing skills.
You’ll love this if:
- You want to learn how to craft a project that will advance your metalsmithing skills.
- You want to learn how to design jewelry with negative space in mind.
- You want to learn basic jewelry making techniques you can apply to future projects.
- You want to learn how to make jewelry with heavy-gauge square wire.
Forge your way to an elegant handwrought cuff bracelet
Learn metalsmithing fundamentals as you craft a stylish wire-wrought bangle bracelet
Join jeweler, business owner, and metalsmith Travis Ogden as he walks you through the steps you need to know to create a beautiful double-twist cuff bracelet from thick-gauge square wire. At the end of this 96-minute video you’ll have all the information you need to craft this stylish bracelet project at home. Packed with other fundamental jewelry considerations, this workshop video will teach you important metalsmithing tips you can take beyond the featured bracelet project and incorporate into your other jewelry projects.
Order your copy of this DVD today to:
- Learn techniques for keeping your wire even and unmarred as you hammer it flat.
- Get soldering and annealing advice for flawless connections and fabrication every time.
- Give your bracelet a mirrored or matte finish with sanding and filing tips and tricks you won’t want to miss.
- Explore construction considerations so you can modify the wave shape, wire gauge, and number of wires for design appeal.
- And much more!
About the Artist:
Travis R. Ogden has been an independent jewelry artist for over 40 years, and holds both a BFA and an MFA. His award-winning, superbly crafted, outstanding jewelry is currently represented in three Colorado galleries. He taught metalsmithing at the university level for more than 15 years, and currently teaches at the Denver School of Metal Arts, which he owns along with the Naja Tool and Supply in Denver. Travis is also the featured talent in two other best-selling DVD workshops: Metalsmith Essentials: Intro to the Flex Shaft and Metalsmith Essentials: Basic Jewelry Fold Forming, available for sale in the Jewelry Making Daily Shop.
- Great Information and Instruction!
Travis provides first class instruction on how to make these cuffs. The information is clear and straightforward! Everyone should be able to make this design and come up with unique variations to make them your own!
(Posted on 11/8/2015)
- Forged wire cuff
- Good video, well taught (Posted on 10/10/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.