Flex Shaft Essentials: Carve a Wax Model for a Pendant with Travis Ogden DVD
You’ll love this if:
- You are searching for instructions for successful wax carving.
- You want to see all the steps you need to know to successfully carve and finish your wax model using a flex shaft.
- You want to learn how create multiples of the same design quickly and easily.
Custom, three-dimensional metal jewelry at your fingertips!
Learn to wax carve using your flex shaft from master metalsmith Travis Ogden
Join metalsmith Travis Odgen for his video workshop dedicated to teaching you how to carve a wax model for a pendant. This comprehensive lesson covers all the steps you need to successfully begin carving wax models for jewelry making using your flex shaft. Watch as Travis transforms a block of wax into a stylish wax model that can be used to create a mold for casting into your metal choice. Including important design considerations and tips for achieving the illusion of varying thickness, and important information for carving with the flex shaft, this workshop DVD is a must-have for anyone interested in learning how to successfully wax carving at home. Faster, more forgiving, and less expensive than metal fabrication, this is a clever way to create metal jewelry and to easily produce multiples of the same design.
Get your copy of this must-have DVD today to:
- Learn how to use carve your wax with precision and finish it flawlessly using a flex shaft, files, sandpaper, and solvent.
- Discover important differences in wax types, and how to decide which is best for your specific project and unique design needs.
- See how to avoid, or fix, common mistakes including porosity, over-carving, and broken areas.
- Be in the know – with detailed explanations and up-close shots, every important step is laid out.
- Uncover important information and considerations for carving wax using your flex shaft.
- Go beyond carving wax, and learn crucial steps for creating a rubber mold using your wax carving to then cast into metal jewelry.
- And much more!
About the Artist:
Travis R. Ogden has been an independent jewelry artist for over 40 years, and holds both a BFA and an MFA. His award-winning, superbly crafted, outstanding jewelry is currently represented in three Colorado galleries. He taught metalsmithing at the university level for more than 15 years, and currently teaches at the Denver School of Metal Arts, which he owns along with the Naja Tool and Supply in Denver. Travis is also the featured talent in three other best-selling DVD workshops: Metalsmith Essentials: Intro to the Flex Shaft, Metalsmith Essentials: Basic Jewelry Fold Forming, and Forged Wire Cuff: Make a Handwrought Silver Bracelet, available for sale in the Jewelry Making Daily Shop.
- Excellent Video!
- While I understand Brian's comments about needing basic info, this video is exactly what I need. I've been struggling with creating wax models for years. This video was an "ah-ha" moment for me, giving me a solid foundation for how to move forward with the right materials, tools, and techniques. Travis, thanks for making this video! (Posted on 5/1/2015)
- Lacking in basic information
- As a beginner to jewelry making, I was hoping to learn fundamentals of wax carving. This video did not supply that information. Things like minimum thickness for the lost wax casting process would have been nice to know. (Posted on 4/12/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.