Fine Art Wire Weaving: Weaving Techniques for Stunning Jewelry Designs
Take your wire wrapping skills to fine art status!
Join award-winning author Sarah Thompson in the beautiful pages of Fine Art Wire Weaving, where she shares the secrets to creating captivating woven wire jewelry. The designs are nothing short of spectacular and with Sarah's step-by-step guidance you, too can create these artful designs.
In Fine Art Wire Weaving, you'll explore working with super-fine wires (28 gauge - 30 gauge) to create 20 delicate, sophisticated pieces with a "wow" factor that's easier than it looks thanks to expert instruction. Using techniques in layering, symmetry, and dimensional shaping, you'll come away with a strong foundation in wire working, allowing you to create your own one-of-a-kind pieces. Paired with beautiful, full-color photography, you'll not only learn how to work with these fine wires successfully, but what to do when one of your projects goes awry as well. Everything you need to know about creating stunning wire jewelry designs is in here!
Download your copy of Fine Art Wire Weaving today!
About the Author:
Sarah Thompson took Best in Show and Best in Wirework in the 2014 Bead Dreams Competition with jewelry she created by using techniques in Fine Art Wire Weaving! She teaches at local bead stores in Spokane and Seattle and thoroughly enjoys sharing her craft with others.
|Number Of Pages||176|
- I'll learn a lot!
- This book is everything I was looking for and more!
- This book is great for someone who is a beginner to the art of wire weaving and moves to the intermediate level. The instructions are clear and the pictures are there to help for those who are visual learners. And I'm really excited about the number of beautiful and unique projects included! I can't wait to try them all! (Posted on 7/4/2016)
- A good book for both beginners and more advanced students of wire weaving
- A very well laid out book with easy to follow comprehensive step by step instructions and accompanying images, and loads of useful information. Even if you've never attempted wire weaving before, you will be able to master the techniques and the projects. So why have I only given it four stars? I was expecting to see more in the way of weave types, but the book only covers the two basic weaves - soumak and figure of eight. I already knew these weaves, so the book was a bit disappointing in that respect. However, I did still learn a few things I didn't know before so my money wasn't totally wasted. :) (Posted on 1/19/2016)
- Lovely book, great photos!
- Love this book and love the many designs, especially the fact that after a bit of practise I can alter these designs to be more like my own design ideas. Practise really does help, and to use the cheaper copper wire at first, rather than sterling, leaves me free to experiment. I consider myself to be at least intermediate in wire working skills, but there are beginner weaving designs as well as intermediate and advanced. (Posted on 9/8/2015)
- Great Wire Weaving Book!
- The projects in this book are great intermediate to advanced wire weaving. Can't wait to try them all. (Posted on 9/2/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.