Find Your Fit: Understanding & Altering Knitting Patterns Online Workshop with Kate Atherley
This product will be accessible from My Online Workshops located in My Account after purchase.
How many times have you chosen the “perfect” pattern, only to discover it’s not as perfect as it could be? The key to a great fit, and a final garment you can be proud of, often lies not in altering a knitting pattern, but in choosing the correct one in the first place. Join Kate Atherley as she discusses how to understand what a pattern is really telling you about fit, how to choose a pattern that addresses your particular needs, and how (and when) to make alterations for better fit and personal style.
In this Online Workshop you’ll:
- Learn the construction of key garment types, and how they may work (or not) with different body types.
- Understand how fit is a combination of garments style, silhouette, and ease.
- Learn about garment gauge and why it matters (and when it doesn’t).
- Discover when and how best to alter garments for better fit as well as to suit your personal style
- Style & Substance
- Garment Style & Fit
- Body Measurements
- Pattern Sizing
- Gauge & Gauge Conversions
- Altering Garments
- Understanding & Adjusting Other Garment Elements
- Wrapping Up
Materials Required: Measuring tape, notebook and pen, calculator, possible sample pattern.
Find your fit Online Workshop Includes:
- Discussion Board: The discussion board is a great way to interact with other users in the Online Workshop. It's an open forum for you to ask questions, share your thoughts, and express your inspirations.
- Notes: This is a place for you to keep personal notes to help you with your work and the Online Workshop content. Only you will be able to see your notes.
- Links to all sample patterns in the Online Workshop
- Optional Assignments: Enhance your skills with a hands-on learning experience as you interact with fellow students.
- Video Lessons: Run Time ≈ 144 minutes
About the Instructor:
Kate Atherley is a mathematician and refugee from the technology industry. She works as the Lead Technical Editor for Knitty magazine as well as a designer and the author of Custom Socks: Knit to Fit Your Feet, Beyond Knit & Purl, The Beginner's Guide to Writing Knitting Patterns, Knit Mitts, as well as the Online Workshops Math for Knitters and Fixing Knitting Mistakes. She teaches regularly near her home in Ontario and at national and international events.
|Product Type||Online Workshop|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.