Fast and Fun Watercolor eBook: Painting Techniques, No Drawing Required!
Join Gina Lee Kim and let loose with 12 start-to-finish mixed media demonstrations. Minimize technical stress and maximize creative expression, all while making the most of the medium’s free-flowing nature and happy-as-sunshine hues.
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Dive right in, the watercolor’s perfect!
Let loose with mixed media to make color the heart and soul of your creative process!
With Gina Lee Kim’s free-flowing approach, you’ll skip the drawing and get straight to the good stuff: color, color and more color! Fast & Fun Watercolor is all about minimizing technical stress and maximizing creative expression, all while making the most of the medium’s free-flowing nature and happy-as-sunshine hues.
- 12 start-to-finish demonstrations take you around the color wheel; from dancing yellow sunflowers to pretty violet mountains
- 12 coordinating galleries of vibrant art illustrate the expressive range of each color
- Step-by-step instructions cover a variety of mixed-media applications using pastels, salt, watercolor pencils, papers, glue, washi tapes, inks, gels, foil and much more
As you create forests, moonscapes, seascapes and other charming subjects, you’ll gain a hands-on understanding of color theory, and stock your creative toolbox with versatile techniques. A perfect introduction for the beginner and a great way to help any artist loosen up, this book makes watercolor less intimidating, mixed media more approachable, and the process itself full of joy.
“It takes artistic bravery to let go and allow spills and drips to happen.”
About the Author
Originally from the San Francisco Bay Area, Gina Lee Kim is a self-taught watercolorist with a nursing and biology background. Gina loves to make watercolor approachable and achievable, especially when infused with mixed-media elements. Her artistic vision is to amaze the eye and empower the heart. After being published in several magazines, Gina was asked to create four watercolor art lessons for Cloth Paper Scissors (F+W Media/Interweave) and four watercolor DVD/videos exploring textures, resists, monoprinting and watermedia (F+W Media/ArtistNetwork). Gina lives north of Chicago with her husband, their young son and a pet rat named Tofu. You can visit Gina at ginaleekim.com.
|Number Of Pages||144|
|Author/Designer||Gina Lee Kim|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.