Fashion Illustration Art eBook
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You will love this fashion illustration book if:
- You have an interest in fashion illustration
- You want to incorporate fashion illustration into your art and mixed-media
- You are a fan of Jennifer Lilya’s artwork and instruction
This super sassy guide is your go-to resource for fashion illustration! Follow Jennifer Lilya’s expert tips, techniques, and step-by step illustrations to turn your drawings from runway drab to catwalk fabulous. Learn the secrets to painting natural poses, skin tones, and expressions with Jennifer’s easy lessons and gorgeous examples. Add some fashion flair and learn how to paint a variety of fabrics and proper draping for batik, plaid, leather, lace, tweed and more. Liven up their looks using highlights, shadows and line quality to really move your fashion art forward. With this guide you will be painting fashion girls that rock the look whether it’s flirty and fun or spunky and strong--and everything in between.
In Fashion Illustration Art you will learn:
- How to draw standing and walking poses full of attitude and movement
- Evoke a variety of facial expressions using loose indications of eyes, lips and noses
- Techniques for painting in acrylic and ink
A Word from the Author
“The lessons in this book are what I do from start-to-finish to create my Lilya Girls. I’ve broken down my process by how I portion out my day-to-day projects. We’ll start with the supplies you need to get started as well as the basics of color, skin tones, anatomy and balance. Then we’ll warm up with gesture paintings and practice expressive lines and brushwork to master the lively movement so instrumental in fashion illustration. Finally we will practice the details and finishing touches that complete a piece and make it truly magical.”
About Jennifer Lilya
Jennifer Lilya has been illustrating fashion since the early '90s after graduating from Fashion Institute of Technology State University of New York (FIT). She works with magazines, ad agencies, fashion designers & PR firms. She specializes in traditional fashion illustration in acrylic and black ink, but with a modern edge & witty hand lettering. Lilya has been featured in Illustration Voice (Directory of Illustrators); CHAOS Magazine; Daily Brink Illustrated among others. She works often with celebrity makeup artist Sarah Lucero during Stila cosmetics makeover events at Sephora stores. Other Clients include: ELLE, WWD, Saks Fifth Avenue, Givenchy, Stila Cosmetics, Katy Perry, Dolce & Gabbana/Swide, Edelman PR, Dove, Timex & many, many more.
Chapter 1: Tools, Tips and Techniques
Chapter 2: Balancing the Figure
Chapter 3: Gesture Painting
Chapter 4: Movement and Exaggeration
Chapter 5: Line Quality
Chapter 6: Faces
Chapter 7: Fabric and Accessories
Chapter 8: Demos, Gallery and Templates
assortment of acrylic paints including
Titanium White, Cadmium Orange (for
outlines) and Dioxazine Purple (for shadows)
black permanent ink
nos. 000 to 12 rounds
small porcelain palette for mixing inks
large porcelain palette for mixing acrylics
water jars and spray bottle
|Number Of Pages||128|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.