Fabulous Fabric Beads Create Custom Beads and Art Jewelry
Don't settle for just any bead when you're creating handcrafted jewelry. Make unique, one-of-a-kind beads from silk, muslin, or hand-dyed ribbon embellished with crystals, fiber, glitter, wire, and more for show-stopping bijoux. Fabulous Fabric Beads combines beading, scrapbooking, quilting, fiber arts, and mixed-media techniques to create lightweight beads made from rolled tubes of silk fabric and painted or embellished with stamps and other materials.
Author Kristal Wick shares her simple and highly sought-after techniques for creating basic fabric beads, plus ideas for embellishing to achieve unique effects. Begin with a primer on supplies, materials and tools, suggestions for ideal fabrics, and how to create surface designs on fabric, including painting, dyeing, stamping, stenciling, computer printing, and foiling. How to create basic fabric beads is explained in detail, from cutting, rolling, dipping, and drying to how to create collage beads. Kristal explains how to use wire wrapping and metals and how to incorporate fibers and embellishments.
All beadmaking steps are shown with step-by-step photography and use easy-to-find materials from craft and fabric stores. Sidebars and tips plus bonus information on using successful color palettes help the reader make stunning and personal jewelry. An inspirational gallery of art jewelry pieces using the featured beads gives readers ideas to use beads in ways they never envisioned.
Projects are inexpensive and use readily available materials or fabric scraps or even materials that readers already have in their stash. No expensive equipment is needed and many beads can be made with common components. Plus, beads can be created in just a few hours, and all finished projects can be created in a few hours.
To achieve different shapes, Kristal also uses fabric to cover inexpensive wooden, plastic, and resin beads. In her finished pieces, she combines her unique beads with commercial beads, using simple stringing and wire techniques for stunning art jewelry.
Reviews: "Surprising how many different types of beads you can make with fabric... this combination of various craft techniques mixed with fabric really appealed to me."-About.com Guide to Jewelry Making
"One of those high-value craft books that teaches you lots of different craft techniques within a simple project framework."-Craftypod.com Blog
"Your stash of scraps will suddenly become a wonderful way for creating a totally different form of wearable art."-The Detroit News
|Number Of Pages||112|
- Fabulous Fabric Beads
- I am primarily a textile artist, but I like to experiment with other art forms. The techniques gleaned from Fabulous Fabric Beads allows me to utilize our indigenous madras fabric (plaid) which is normally used for our national dress, to make interesting pieces of jewellry. October is Creole Heritage month here in Saint Lucia and this book allows me to create some really interesting fabric jewellry for this cultural extravaganza. (Posted on 10/6/2011)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.