Fabric Collage Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Transform your collage art with fabulous layers and eye catching textures with this video workshop from Ruth Rae. Learn how to combine opaque and translucent fabrics, create windows in fabric, and capture and showcase dimensional elements. Find out how to easily alter and distress fabrics and add interest with simple free-motion stitching techniques. You’ll come away with loads of inspiration and endless design possibilities for unique, artful fabric collages that will sure make your art stand out from the crowd.
Order or download your copy of this video workshop for:
- 62 minutes of detailed instruction
- Countless mixed-media techniques for collage art
- Insider information from expert Ruth Rae
About Ruth Rae
Ruth Rae is a classically trained jeweler. During Ruth's tenure as a metalsmith she began to experiment with other forms of media and techniques. As time has progressed Ruth's true passion has become "mixed media fiber art." Ruth's pieces are recognized for their unexpected yet elegant combinations of altered fabrics combined with found objects and words that are bound together by hand and machine stitching. Ruth's work has been featured in galleries across the country, countless art publications as well as Quilting Arts TV and she has two workshop DVDs and travels around the county teaching jewelry and fabric workshops.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Project only but some techniques
- This is a project video, and you can pick up some techniques on the way, but it is a project video. If you are interested in making this project it is good, if you want wider instruction in techniques in order to make you own projects you are better off looking elswhere. (Posted on 4/26/2016)
- EXCELLENT teacher!
I probably wouldn't do the same project, but her techniques are interesting and can be used in many ways that I can apply to my projects.
She is calm and very clear and thorough - so she takes the fear out of trying something new and experimenting.
I want more from this wonderful teacher! (Posted on 1/30/2016)
- Very Inspiring
- I was thinking of ideas to use for a book I am currently making.i wasn't coming up with anything that I liked. Then I saw the video/download that Ruth Rae put together and I was intrigued with the description. I have her book she co-authored on mixed media fabric collage and like it. So I downloaded the video and was happily surprised. I was inspired by her technique and know how my fabric pages will look. I'm glad I bought the download and would recommend it. (Posted on 9/17/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.