Expressive Landscapes DVD
Express your own vision of a landscape then bring it to life with artist Annie O’Brien Gonzales’ tips and techniques!
Don’t paint outside of the box—instead, realize there is no box to begin with! While traditional landscape paintings are usually depicted as realistic, rectangular, and simple yet elegant, this video workshop reveals that unique expression is possible and needed for an inspiring painting. You will learn how to identify what aspects of your vision you want to portray in your paints, develop your own color palette, and use underpainting skills to highlight your landscape. Annie simplifies the acrylic painting process so you can focus on you cultivating your personalized style.
This Video Features:
- Two in-depth landscape painting projects
- Tips for imaginative compositions and innovative color schemes
- 101 minutes of premier workshop instruction
The media options for your painting are endless—from acrylic paints to crayons, colored pencils to powdered pigments, have fun in your freedom of choice. Annie also gives you creative ideas for mixed-media materials that you can apply to your landscape so it takes shape of its own. Sponges, brushes, photographs, and parchment paper are all within your reach. Add layers of expression and craft, and your landscape will become luminescent. After this workshop, your take on traditional art forms will expand to incorporate your own style!
Watch a preview of Mixed Media Painting Workshop: Expressive Landscapes with Annie O’Brien Gonzales now:
16” x 20” canvas or wood panel
18” x 18” canvas or wood panel
Acrylic Glazing Liquid (Satin)
Acrylic Matte Medium
Mix of heavy body and fluid acrylic paint—Annie uses Golden: Cadmium Yellow Light, Cadmium Yellow Medium, Ultramarine Light, Phthalo Green Blue Shade, Cadmium Red Medium, Cadmium Red Light, Quinacridone Magenta, Titan Buff, Titanium White, Phthalo Turquoise, Black, Red Iron Oxide, Burnt Sienna, Green Gold, Sap Green, Alizarin Crimson
NeoColor II water soluble crayons
Stabilo Woody pencils
Inspiration photos of landscapes
Palette paper or parchment paper
Paper towels or rags
Synthetic or bristle “Bright” brushes—1/2”, 1”, 2”
About the Artist:
Annie O’Brien Gonzales currently resides in Santa Fe, New Mexico where she works as a teacher, writer, and professional painter. She finds inspiration within nature, as well as personal symbols and patterns. Her work is shown in galleries across the United States and recently was included in a museum permanent collection. She conducts workshops across the country as well as at Ghost Ranch and at the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum.
|Author/Designer||Annie O'Brien Gonzales|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.