Expressive Collage Workshop: Creative Warm-Ups and Techniques Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Jump start your collage practice with this video download! Whether you're just getting started with your collage practice or need to reinvigorate it, Crystal Neubauer's Expressive Collage Workshop: Creative Warm-Ups and Techniques will give you the boost you need. You'll begin the workshop with an in-depth session on finding and deconstructing vintage ephemera. Then Crystal will show you, and student Cherie Haas, how to create her special glue mixture to ensure your collage dries flat, wrinkle free and without altering the color or texture of your collage elements. Then, you'll work alongside Crystal and Cherie through three collage exercises designed especially to help you warm up while working intuitively and expressively, creating beautiful works of art.
This video download includes
- 10 techniques for getting started with expressive collage.
- tips for adding subtle enhancements to your collages.
- 3 collage exercises to help you invigorate your collage practice!
Watch a preview of this video download here!
About the Artist
Crystal Neubauer has been working as an artist for over a decade. She has dabbled in many mediums over the years, but always comes back to her first love, collage. She is drawn to the found, cast-off and well-worn materials of the past, seeing these items as a metaphor for our lives. She is the author of The Art of Expressive Collage: Techniques for Using Paper and Glue (North Light, 2015). She teaches workshops nationally and in her own studio in Racine, Wisconsin. Visit her website at CrystalNeubauer.com and at her blog, OtherPeoplesFlowers.blogspot.com.
- 140-lb. Cold-Press Watercolor paper cut to 4-inch squares
- Golden Acrylic Glazing Liquid-Satin
- Yes! Stickflat Glue
Other Tools and Supplies
- Assortment of collage papers and ephemera- paper shopping bag, old book, cardboard box
- Baby wipes
- Black India ink
- Chinese Ink brush
- Empty container with lid
- Graphite pencil
- Junk mail catalogue
- 20-lb. bag of cat litter or uncooked rice
- NuPastel by PrismaColor in Charcoal or Sepia, or color of your choice
- Old spoon
- Paper cutter or scissors
- Pipette (optional)
- Stiff bristle brush
|Product Type||Video Download|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.