Expressive Collage Workshop: Abstract Mark Making Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Express yourself with abstract marks in this video download! Add intrigue and meaning to your collage with techniques from artist Crystal Neubauer in Expressive Collage Workshop: Abstract Mark Making. You'll begin by creating an expressive collage of vintage or personal ephemera from start to finish. Then Crystal will show you, and student Amy Jones, a variety of ways to enhance your collage with mark making. Experiment with using graphite and charcoal as both dry and wet mediums. Add splashes of India ink and try your hand at asemic (or faux) writing to help unify the collage elements. Finally you'll learn how to seal and frame your art to help it stand the test of time.
In this video download you'll find
- 10+ techniques for collage and mark making.
- techniques to professionally frame your complete collage!
- tips for experimenting and sealing a variety of dry media.
Watch a preview of this video download here!
About the Artist
Crystal Neubauer has been working as an artist for over a decade. She has dabbled in many mediums over the years, but always comes back to her first love, collage. She is drawn to the found, cast-off and well-worn materials of the past, seeing these items as a metaphor for our lives. She is the author of The Art of Expressive Collage: Techniques for Using Paper and Glue (North Light, 2015). She teaches workshops nationally and in her own studio in Racine, Wisconsin. Visit her website at CrystalNeubauer.com and at her blog, OtherPeoplesFlowers.blogspot.com.
- 140-lb. cold press watercolor paper
- 5" x 7" pad of printmaking paper
- Black India ink
- Cold wax
- Derwent Graphitone (optional)
- Derwent XL graphite blocks
- Golden Acrylic Glazing Fluid- satin
- Graphite pencil
- Liquid graphite (optional)
- Lyra water soluble graphite crayon (optional)
- Natural stick graphite- medium grade
- Powdered graphite (optional)
- Spray varnish for multi-media in matte finish
- White NuPastel by PrismaColor
- White paint marker
- White primer or gesso
- Yes! Stickflat glue
Other Tools and Supplies
- 20-lb. bag of cat litter or uncooked rice
- Artist's tape
- Baby wipes
- Brayer (optional)
- Chinese Ink brush
- D-ring hardware kit with nylon coated wire
- Disposable cup
- Disposable glove
- Ephemera and other collage papers
- Frame with mat
- Junk mail catalogue
- Needle-nose pliers with wire cutter
- Pipette or dropper (optional)
- Rubber bands
- Scrap of corrugated cardboard
- Scrap of foam core
- Small squeegee or painter's spatula
- Soft bristle brush
- Stencil (optional)
- Stiff bristle brush
- Water container
- Water mister (optional)
- Wax paper or freezer paper
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Less is more... (beautiful and challenging)
- I first want to thank Interweave for bringing these amazing artists/instructors to us. You have always offered terrific videos at wonderful prices for those of us who are unable to travel or living on limited budgets. I look forward to getting started on a project. Great ideas and tips from Crystal Neubauer! Really enjoyed watching creative process with Crystal and Amy Jones. I have a feeling they make it look easy but was so inspired and can't wait to get started. I have to add how soothing and serene Crystal's voice is on the ears as she teaches! What a great combination between Crystal and Amy. Some instructors leave me feeling hyper and crazed at the end (but still fun). I had to buy all of Crystal's videos because of the wonderful informative creativity plus felt some great artistic therapy included. (Posted on 10/15/2016)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.