Explorations in Jewelry Enameling Online Workshop: Torch and Kiln Techniques with Susan Lenart Kazmer
Join Susan Lenart Kazmer and learn how to personalize your metal jewelry with a range of enameling techniques! Experiment with opaque, transparent, and matte finishes, learn how to control the kiln to yield enameled layers, and so much more from Susan’s Online Workshop -- based on her best-selling video download, Explorations in Jewelry Enameling!
This product will be accessible from My Online Workshops located in My Account after purchase.
Get ready to open the door to the world of enameling on metal with expert Susan Lenart Kazmer. In this Online Workshop, featuring Susan's best-selling video download, Explorations in Jewelry Enameling: Torch and Kiln Techniques, Susan will demonstrate a wide variety of enameling techniques that will allow you to truly put your mark on every piece you create. You'll learn the circumstances under which you might want to torch fire as opposed to kiln fire, plus how to anneal, hammer and clean your metal to receive the decorative enamels. Susan's comprehensive knowledge of the various types of enamels - from transparent to opaque, from powders to liquids - as well as the endless possibilities for embellishing will put you well on your way to designing signature pieces of your own.
This Online Workshop is available to you anywhere, anytime, allowing you to stop and practice when you need to! By registering for this engaging online learning Online Workshop, you will have the opportunity to connect with other student and be a part of a community to bounce ideas off each other. Plus, you will receive downloadable, printable PDF downloads of a Materials Shopping list and a Firing Schedule!
Lesson 1: Introduction
- Materials and Studio Set-up
Lesson 2: Fabricate Metal
- Using Dappers and Forming Blocks
Lesson 3: Kiln Enameling and Counter-Enameling
- Base Layer Enamels
Lesson 4: Unique Surface Work with Torch
- Surface Embellishment
Lesson 5: Liquid Enamel Plus Sgraffito and Crackle
- Special FX: Sgraffito and Crackle
Lesson 6: Enamel on Wire
- Enameling Headpins and Wire Cages
Lesson 7: Final Steps
- Finishing Touch-Ups
Online Workshop Includes
Discussion board & Gallery: The discussion board is a great way to interact with other users in the Online Workshop. It's an open forum for you to ask questions, share your thoughts, express your inspirations, and share images of your work.
Notes: This is a place for you to keep personal notes to help you with your work and the Online Workshop content. Only you will be able to see your notes.
Optional Quizzes: Short optional quizzes to test your knowledge as you progress through the lessons.
Video Lesson Run Time ≈ 98 minutes
About the Instructor
Trailblazing jeweler and metalsmith Susan Lenart Kazmer is an artist of more than 26 years. Her work has been on exhibit in museums nationally and internationally. Although Susan is known as a master of metalwork, her book, Resin Alchemy, combines metalwork with resin. Susan is the designer of a successful commercial line called Industrial Chic, composed of jewelry and mixed media components.
|Product Type||Online Workshop|
|Author/Designer||Susan Lenart Kazmer|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.