Etched Silver and Colorado Diamond Necklace Project Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
A tribute to a particular stone that can readily be adapted to suit your needs.
Skills: Etching metal, Sawing etched metal, Bezel setting tiny, irregular stones, Pick soldering, using hard solder exclusively
Materials Needed to Complete this Project:
- 2"x5½" sheet of 18-gauge etched sterling silver
- 14 small faceted Kelsey Lake diamonds 1.9mm to 3.3mm, weighing about 0.57 carats total weight
- 2 small raw Kelsey Lake diamond crystals
- 10" 2mm fi ne silver bezel wire
- 10" hard solder in wire form, hammered fl at, cut down the center and snipped into tiny chips
- Dozens of 18- to 20-gauge jump rings from 2.5mm inner diameter down to 1mm ID
- 14 12-gauge half round sterling silver oval jump rings
- 10" of sterling silver chain, clasp and catch
Tools Needed to Complete this Project:
- Ventilation for close-up soldering or a double canister face mask
- Safety glasses
- Cool Tools fat triangle template
- Black fine point Sharpie
- Red permanent marker
- Alcohol swabs
- Metal scribe
- Jeweler’s saw
- A dozen 4/0 blades and blade lubrication
- Jeweler’s file and sanding sticks
- Hallmark stamps
- Chasing hammer and bench block
- Blue painter’s masking tape
- Dapping tool set
- Non-marring mallet and brass mallet
- Jump ring mandrels
- Flexible shaft and handpiece
- ¾" Moore’s sanding disks medium to XX fine grit and mandrel
- STONE SETTING:
- Carpenter’s drill bits set
- Jeweler’s drill bits
- Bench vise
- Metal shears
- Flush cutters
- Round-nose pliers
- Two pairs of chain-nose pliers
- Setting burs
- Bezel burnisher and blue polishing points
- Sticky wax for picking up small diamonds
- Setup for air/acetylene Smith Silversmith torch with #00 and #0 tips
- Soft Solderite board
- Prip’s flux yellow ochre solder stop
- Soldering pick
- Tongs and quench
- Bench polisher with narrow 4" buff and Fabuluster
- Toothbrush and hot, soapy water
- Plastic gloves
- Micro super fine brushes
- Midas Black Max
- Shot-filled tumbler and tumbling compound
Originally Published: Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist, September/October 2017
|Product Type||Project Download|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.