Making Etched Metal Jewelry
You’ll love this jewelry making book if:
- You want to learn how to etch metal
- You favor mixed-media jewelry styles
- You want a collection of jewelry projects to help you practice new techniques
Making Etched Metal Jewelry by Ruth Rae and Kristen Robinson is the perfect guide for anyone looking to learn how to etch metal and apply this technique to mixed-media jewelry projects. Great for jewelry artists of all levels, this guide not only contains an entire chapter devoted to learning how to etch metal and another on a variety of jewelry techniques, but it also includes projects of 3 difficulty levels: Beginning the Etching Journey, Continuing the Etching Journey, and Mastering the Etching Journey. Establish the materials you’ll need to get started, learn the basics of etching metal, master some fundamental jewelry making techniques, and then apply your newfound knowledge to 17 romantic and rustic style projects. Transform your jewelry projects into masterpieces with metal etching, and experience the magic of this technique that will add endless depth to your mixed-media jewelry!
In Making Etched Metal Jewelry you’ll find:
- 17 step-by-step projects of various difficulty levels, including necklaces, bracelets, earrings, rings, and more
- A variety of jewelry techniques for etching brass, copper, and nickel silver of all shapes and size
- Safety information and precautions to ensure the etching process is executed in the correct manner
A word from the authors:
“The wonderful thing about etching is the personal signature that is easily added to each piece created. Deep textures, as well as layers of patterns and images, create a virtual landscape of depth.” —Ruth Rae & Kristen Robinson
About the authors:
Ruth Rae has an incredible talent for combining her deep love of treasures from the past with the cutting-edge trends of today. Ruth is known for her amazing jewelry creations, as well as mixed-media fabric work that combines textiles, words and found objects. Her artwork is recognized for its timeworn appearance, achieved through the layering of new and old, leaving the viewer feeling that they are taking in a creation from long ago.
Kristen Robinson is on the artistic journey of her life, one she compares to dancing through the pages of a history book. With a love of all things from the past and the stories locked within them, she is drawn to many different forms of art, from jewelry and textiles to painting and collage. Kristen is the author of Tales of Adornment: Techniques for Creating Resin Jewelry and the designer of Rue Romantique by Kristen Robinson, a designer bezel collection from Ice Resin.
How to Etch Metal
Beginning the Etching Journey
Continuing the Etching Journey
Mastering the Etching Journey
About the Authors
|Author/Designer||Kristen Robinson, Ruth Rae|
- Has it's good points
- I was hoping for a book that would walk me through the steps to making a wearable piece of resin jewelry that didn't look like all I did was pour the resin into a mold and attach it to a chain. Unfortunately, for me, I found the directions for making the interesting resin pieces lacking, even with being somewhat experiences with working with wire weaving and constructing jewelry. I also had difficulty with making the simple creative handmade bezels, not being able to contain the resin within the bezel in spite of repeated attempts at following the directions. I like looking through the book for ideas but find I am turning to other resources to help me on my learning journey. (Posted on 7/27/2016)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.