Embroidery on Knits: 4 Easy Needlework Stitches with Mercedes Tarasovich-Clark DVD
Embroidery on Knits: 4 Easy Needlework Stitches
by Mercedes Tarasovich-Clark
Embellish your knitted projects with designer, author, and instructor Mercedes Tarasovich-Clark! In Embroidery on Knits: 4 Easy Needlework Stitches, you’ll learn how to choose your stitching materials, adjust your stitches to match your knitted gauge, work with the best color palette, and embroider motifs on your knits with Mercedes’ easy method. Learn what to avoid when transferring motifs to your knitted fabric, how to stitch on textured knits, and so much more!
In Embroidery on Knits: 4 Easy Needlework Stitches, learn popular stitches:
- Duplicate Stitch
- Chain Stitch (and Daisy Stitch)
- French Knots
Even if you’ve never embroidered before, or have only worked with woven fabric and an embroidery hoop, you’ll love this video tutorial! Try this popular technique and make your finished handknits even more beautiful and unique.
Check out Mercedes’ Bonita Shirt pattern, featured in this video workshop!
Preview Embroidery on Knits: 4 Easy Needlework Stitches here:
About the Author:
Mercedes Tarasovich-Clark is a knitwear designer, author, and teacher based in Birmingham, AL. Known for stylish and feminine knitwear, she has designed for many yarn companies, books and magazines including Interweave Knits and Knitscene. Her book Brioche Chic (Interweave 2014) is available at shop.knittingdaily.com. Mercedes teaches knitting at events across the country, as well as video courses and tutorials on embroidery, brioche knitting and more.
When producing Mercedes’ video on basic embroidery on knitted fabric, I found myself saying “Oh wow, that’s easier than I thought” and, “That stitch would be cute on ___” so many times. What really sold me on the idea of embroidering on handknits was that you don’t need an embroidery hoop or any other equipment or gadgets to do it. You just need a needle and thread. If you’d like to try stitching motifs on your fabric, you might need a permanent marker and a piece of tissue paper. That’s it!
I can think of so many things I want to try – embroidering bags, hats, and more. You can really get carried away once you realize how easy it is. There are a couple of things you need to know, though. Choosing the right gauge of yarn or thread and tensioning your stitches is really important. In the video, Mercedes points out every potential pitfall to get you started in the right direction.
In doing a little research for this topic, I found a book called Mollie Makes Embroidery. Even if you want to stick with embroidering on knits instead of woven fabric, this book has some adorable motifs and ideas you can carry over to any fabric.
Lindsay Smith, Digital Content Producer
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.