Elegant Knotted Jewelry eBook
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You’ll Love This Jewelry Making Book If:
- You want to learn how to create jewelry pieces using the traditional South Korean art of Maedeup
- You love creating knotted jewelry using Maedeup & want to try some new knots
- You love South Korean culture and you want to learn more about this ancient art
For thousands of years artists have loved and perfected the art of Maedeup. Using knotting cord you can learn how to created knotted jewelry using this ancient technique. Expert Maedeup artist, Becky Meverden, shares her experiences created knotting art jewelry and shows you how to create 10 different jewelry knots in Elegant Knotted Jewelry.
With our convenient eBook format, you can instantly access every page, learning how to create a variety of jewelry pieces such as bracelets, necklaces & more. Get to know the Korean knotting art, creating upscale jewelry pieces using knotting cord through more than 30 step by step jewelry projects. Each project is affordable and easy to replicate in your own studio or home. Get stunning and elegant knotting jewelry results that echo the South Korean tradition of Maedeup. This edition also includes a special foreword by Carol Duvall.
In Elegant Knotted Jewelry You’ll Learn:
- How to complete 10 different jewelry knots using knotting cord & other simple tools
- How to make more than 30 affordable, approachable & amp; elegant Maedeup jewelry projects
- The history behind this South Korean knotting art that originated thousands of years ago
Check Out This Excerpt From Elegant Knotted Jewelry:
Folds and Ruffles
It would be very upsetting to get halfway through a project and find out you don’t have enough cording. When beginning your own jewelry designs, start by creating a sketch, using symbols for the maedeup (see the example sketch, at right, for the necklace on page 17). Use the chart on page 17 as a guide to calculate the amount of cording needed for the necklace. First, decide what diameter cording you will use. For this sample, I used 2mm cording. Next, total each type of maedeup used: 6 yeonbong, 18 dorae, 8 hapjong and 2 garakji. Then multiply the total number of each maedeup by the coordinating lengths in the chart:
6 × 2¼" = 13½" (6 × 5.7cm = 34.2cm)
18 × 13⁄8" = 24¾" (18 × 3.5cm = 63cm)
8 × 7⁄8" = 7" (8 × 2.2cm = 17.8cm)
2 × 4¾" = 9½" (2 × 12.1cm = 24.2cm). The total cording needed for the maedeup alone is 54¼" (137.8cm).
Next, total the non-maedeup part of the necklace: ½" + 1" + 3½" + ½" = 5.5" × 2 (both sides of the necklace) + ½" (focal bead length) for a total of 11½" (1.3cm + 2.5cm + 8.9cm + 1.3cm = 14cm + 2 + 1.3cm = 29.3cm). Added to the maedeup total, this gives you a total of 66¾" (167.1cm). I always add an extra 18 inches to 2 feet to be on the safe side. This necklace uses two lengths of cording, so for extra insurance add 36" (18" for each cord). The total amount of cording needed for this necklace is 102¾".
A Word From the Author:
"The only way to master maedeup is through practice. The more you practice, the more you will improve. I can’t tell you how many times my Korean maedeup instructor undid my work because I had made a mistake or it wasn’t up to her standards. When you first begin to learn maedeup, use two different colored cords. This will make it easier to see the path of the maedeup. When working with two cords, knot them together before you begin the maedeup. You can switch over to one color of cording when you have mastered the maedeup." — Becky Meverden
|File/Trim Size||34 MB|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.