Edmonia Shawl Kit
Elegant and warm, the Edmonia Shawl is a versatile wrap for everyday use.
The Edmonia Shawl Knitting Kit features the popular pattern from Interweave Knits Fall 2016 by star designer Anne Hanson. The kit comes with three skeins of Bare Naked Wools Stone Soup Fingering in Granite. This kit is a full Anne Hanson/Knitspot production, which promotes American-sourced, natural fibers. Get yours today while supplies last!
See what's inside this collection:
- Interweave Knits Fall 2016 Print Issue
- 3 skeins of Stone Soup Fingering Yarn by Bare Naked Wools in Granite
Interweave Knits Fall 2016
Interweave Knits Fall 2016 celebrates its 20th anniversary with a star line up of contributors, as well as sidebars, articles, and stories from the past and present editors of Knits. In this issue we've celebrated classic knits in our The Cabin in the Woods story, which features updated traditional knits full of cables, tweeds, colorwork, and the inviting designs you will always find in the pages of Interweave Knits. Industrial Harvest brings knits with cool, modern, stylish patterns that give a nod to the past but progress Knits into the future. Both stories bridge generations of Knits readers by honoring our heritage-based roots while inviting a new generation of knitters into the Knits family. Editors of Knits past and present, including Pam Allen, Lisa Shroyer, Melanie Falick, Hannah Baker, and Meghan Babin, have contributed designs and/or sidebars on their tenure. Mary Jane Mucklestone, the Fair Isle master, has written an article to free steeking of its stigma and designed an accompanying menswear Fair Isle vest.
Edmonia Shawl Knitting Pattern by Anne Hanson
Pattern in Magazine
The Edmonia Shawl is a mix of simple-to-work eyelets and mesh motifs arranged in pattern blocks meant to emulate industrial construction materials. The off-kilter positioning of the motifs evokes the look of high-rise construction projects from a sidewalk level. Its large size and light fabric offer plenty of options for arranging the shawl in a variety of ways.
Finished Size: 84" wide and 38" tall.
Yarn: Bare Naked Wools Stone Soup Fingering (80% wool [rambouillet, lincoln, columbia, navajo-churro], 15% alpaca, 5% combination of tencel, bamboo, yak, and silk; 450 yd [411 m]/3.8 oz [108 g]): granite, 2 skeins (see Notes).
Needles: Size 7 (4.5 mm): 24" circular. Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
Notions: Markers (m); tapestry needle.
Gauge: 18 sts and 27 rows = 4" in St st; 16 sts and 27 rows = 4" in eyelet lace patt; 14 sts and 26 rows = 4" in openwork mesh patt.
Originally Published: Interweave Knits Fall 2016
Stone Soup Fingering Yarn by Bare Naked Wool in Granite
This cozy warm yarn from Bare Naked Wool highlights the rich textures of this cool-weather wrap. The unique blend of fibers offers a tweedy texture and crisp stitch definition. Enjoy working with three skeins in Granite, a brown-toned dark gray.
Fiber Content: 80% wool (rambouillet, lincoln, columbia, navajo-churro), 15% alpaca, 5% combination of tencel, bamboo, yak, and silk
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.