LoveSewing Introductory Sewing: Part 1 DVD
Take this #1 sewing class from the comfort of your home and around your own schedule!
You'll love this product if:
- You've always wanted to learn how to sew but have been too intimidated by terminology or techniques
- You know how to sew but are needing a refresher on skills you already have
- You want to master using your sewing machine
Have you always wanted to learn how to sew?
Maybe you're looking to refresh skills. Or perhaps you've never learned the proper teachniques. Now's your chance!
Introductory Sewing is a technically focused, comprehensive sewing course, and it's the most popular program at The Sewing Studio New York. This video workshop, Learn to Sew, is Part I of the program. Here, you'll learn the basics of sewing including various stitches and seam finishes, you'll build a solid sewing foundation, and you'll complete two simple projects: a drawstring bag and a zippered pouch. The best part? It doesn't matter if you've never touched a sewing machine before. And if you've been sewing for years, we'll show you how to correct any bad habits you may have picked-up and get better-looking finished projects!
In this workshop you'll:
- Learn sewing basics
- Build your confidence on a sewing machine
- Learn how to properly thread and load a bobbin with ease
- Learn a multitude of stitches and seam finishes
- Sew two chic projects from start to finish
You can get this 75 minute workshop as either a single disc DVD or as a video download.
About Denise Wild:
Denise Wild is a sewing expert and magazine editor, the founder of LoveSewing and The Sewing Studio, and the Content Director of BurdaStyle. Denise Started teaching sewing classes in her Toronto apartment in 2004. Those classes evolved into The Sewing Studio New York, North America's leading sewing school. Denise also founded LoveSewing.com, the only sewing portal to focus on fashion and style.
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.