The Efficient Weaver DVD
Techniques for Fast and Happy Weaving
with Laura Fry
DVD | 91 minutes
The most common complaint of weavers is that they don’t have enough time for weaving. Production weaver and teacher Laura Fry has an answer: weave more effciently so you can make the most of the weaving time that you have. In addition to getting more textile for your time at the loom, Laura’s techniques and tips will also help you weave better cloth while reducing wear and tear on your body.
|Order or instantly download your copy of Efficient Weaver today!|
- Exellent download
- good info, poor presentation order
- There is a lot of good information in the dvd. Much of it is tips I'd already figured out for myself, but a new weaver would get a lot out of this. I didn't like the order of presentation though. It would be easier to follow if it started with the warping board and then progressed to threading heddles, beaming the warp, and so on. It confused me that she apparently sleys a reed for back-to-front warping, rather than using a raddle. It's an extra and unnecessary step, which you don't expect to find in a dvd that's all about efficiency. I also would have liked to be given a closer look at how she lays her weft thread in. We're never given a really close look, and try as I may, I can't achieve good selvedges without laying the shuttle down and placing the weft thread by hand. Laying the weft thread properly and quickly was the tip that I most wanted to learn, and I am disappointed that it wasn't shown more clearly. (Posted on 6/4/2016)
- Excellent information, oddly organized, intermittently bad camerawork
Laura Fry has absolutely invaluable information on weaving with emphasis on speed and being good to your body. I highly recommend doing workshops with her and as a reminder of the info in those workshops this is a reasonable tool.
The production quality was lacking. Some camera angles were in crisp focus, while others were fuzzy. In editing the scenes together, the video repeatedly goes from crisp to fuzzy. Distracting and eventually headache inducing.
The sequence in which this is organized is disjointed, as well. It would have made more sense, and been easier to find things later, had it followed the flow of the weaving experience. As it is, weaving is at the beginning, warping is in the middle, and winding is at the end.
Criticisms aside, the information presented is still well presented, in Laura's no-nonsense style. She covers techniques that she's developed over her years of weaving; most important, they are accurate! No weaving mythology here! (Posted on 2/13/2016)
- Excellent information
- I have taken Laura's class and this DVD is a wonderful hands on reminder of the information. Her method has speeded up my warping. I highly recommend this for anyone who warps a loom back to front and for those who haven't been converted! (Posted on 8/28/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.