Drafting The Long and Short of It DVD
- I enjoyed this DVD and was very pleased with the overall quality. I am new to spinning and appreciated hearing her talk about, and demonstrate, worsted versus woolen spinning, and variations in between, as well as spinning on the fold. I had heard references to spinning on the fold, but this was the first time I had seen it demonstrated and specifically discussed. She included information on types of fibre and preparations, and the affects of the various spinning methods (worsted, woolen, variations between the two, and "on the fold") for different outcomes. Although she did not ply in the DVD, she did show some of the finished yarns that she had spun in the DVD, and then plied (2-ply and 3-ply), or not plied (single). She discussed how the 2-ply was not twice as thick, but 2/3rds as thick. And, the resulting thickness and shape of the 3-ply versus the 2-ply was quite interesting to hear and see. All in all very informative and well done. A quality production. Very pleased with this purchase. (Posted on 9/28/2010)
- Drafting: The Long and Short of It
- I found this video to be immensely helpful. I''m a new spinner with no access to classes, nor do I know anyone in my area who spins. This video was informative and the demonstrations were clear. The host spoke well and used simple terms that I appreciated it. (Posted on 2/23/2010)
- I thought this video was quite good. Lots of great information from Abby and really excellent demonstrations. It completely made me want to sit down and start spinning to work out some of these techniques. Where I think I experienced some issue though were with the production issues. There''s quite a lot of information on the different sample yarns, but you only get a cursory, at best, glance at them. There''s no real way to evaluate or correlate the information described because the camera just doesn''t linger long enough or in enough detail to really punctuate Abby''s discussion. Also, in several demonstrations, the white lap cloth completely obscures the lighter color yarn she''s making so you really just have to take what she''s saying on faith because you can''t see it first hand. That happened in several key areas, where I would have loved a much better visual contrast to help see what was happening. (Posted on 2/20/2010)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.