The Weaver's Studio: Doubleweave eBook
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
- Weave a fabric twice, thrice, or four times the width of your loom--with no seam
- Weave a fabric with intersecting layers
- Change the tie-up to get many structures on one warp
- Weave stitched, quilted, and piqué fabrics
- Make color magic with doubleweave blocks
- Pick up an infinity of patterns in a variety of structures
- Weave pockets, a seamless tube, many seamless tubes, a tube within a tube
- And so much more!
- Good technical discussion, but
Be aware that the discussion assumes you are using a jack loom.
"The tie-ups in this book assume a rising shed loom. All of my weaving experience is on a jack type, or rising shed loom, which is well-suited to doubleweave. If you are using a countermarche or counterbalance loom, you may have to determine whether you can weave the necessary unbalanced sheds, or what adjustments you may need to make to do so."
On my counterbalance loom I have to constantly translate the figures and instructions to suit. I'm sure this 'enhances' the learning experience, but be prepared.
A different issue is that the PDF is assembled in such a way that rendering is excruciatingly slow on my high performance desktop workstation. Scrolling back three pages just took 87 seconds, too slow to page back and forth. Unfortunately printing is disabled as well, so I couldn't print selected pages to work with. Appeals for help to the publisher (Interweave) were not productive. A hard-copy edition is no longer produced -- luckily there was one in my public library!
(Posted on 2/2/2018)
- Very good book. Open new possibilities. (Posted on 9/6/2016)
- excellent resource and well written
- It was very well done. However, I have been teaching weaving for about 20 years and believe in simplifying even more than the author does. I will teach students using heavier yarns so that only 2 contrasting yarns are used instead of 4. (Posted on 1/9/2016)
- A great instruction tool!
- Ms. Moore is a very good instructor! She explains clearly the procedures. I found the book as an excellent complement to the DVD for anyone who are self taught beginner weaver as I. I gain good knowledge out of it. However, this is not a pattern full a patterns but some are include. (Posted on 11/7/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.