Double Stitch Designs for the Crochet Fashionista
Make a fashion statement with Double Stitch: Designs for the Crochet Fashionista, a collection of stylish, sexy, and modern crochet patterns for the fashion diva. Chicago-based crochet designers and twins Erika and Monika Simmons bring edge to the craft with twenty-five fashion-forward projects inspired by their retail design line using simple crochet techniques mixed with innovative construction, form-fitting designs, playful color combinations, and unique detailing.
Even if you've never crocheted before, the simple techniques in Double Stitch-and the flirty, sassy designs-will have you crocheting in no time. Projects are divided into two main sections: "Out and About" features daytime crochet wear perfect for layering over T-shirts or wearing with jeans-taking you from the downtown coffeehouse to the beach with ease. Choose from projects that include a webbed halter dress, hooded poncho with matching leg warmers, a salsa belt, the remix T-shirt using a finished shirt with added crocheted sleeves, a tube-style apron top, plus much more. "Paint the Town" features evening looks with fun detailing, open weave crochet, and glamorous accessories. Projects include a gothic shawl, feather choker with matching cocktail bag, peek-a-boo full-length dress, slinky tailored shrug, corset with satin ribbon tie, shrunken jacket, plus much more. At the back of the book are all of the basic crochet techniques you need to create each project featured. The projects all have a hip, bohemian, urban vibe that can be dressed up or down based on the styling.
Whether you live in a big city or just want to look like you do, the young designers behind Double Stitch show how easy it is to make crochet fashionably modern, flirtatious, and fun.
Out and About - Whether you're heading out to spend a day at the beach, at the office, or just running errands around town, you'll want to look fabulous doing it!
Deep V Halter with Fringe - Believe it or not, this halter top was designed with a little coverage in mind.
Webbed Halter Dress - Way too often, we find ourselves at the beach, a party, or a picnic dressed like everyone else. This webbed halter dress makes you stand out from the crowd.
Tube Apron Top with Lacing - This piece is part tube top, part dress, and all fabulous.
Hip Hanger- This versatile little accessory can be worn just about any way you please.
ReMix T-Shirt Sleeves - These sleeves are a quick and easy way to let your personal style shine through.
Funky One Sleeve - Go asymmetrical in an unexpected way and have fun coming up with new ways to tie the wraparound laces.
Hooded Poncho with Boot Covers - This combo flatters the feminine silhouette.
Beach Bikini Top and Skirt - This summer ensemble is perfect for a picnic at the beach or an afternoon by the pool.
Overhead Sleeves with Lace-up Closure - The open structure of the crochet makes these sleeves light and airy, providing a little bit of cover without going for a full sweater.
Cropped Sweater with Lace-Up Closure - This cropped sweater gives you the option to create a layered look while still keeping you snug and warm.
Gypsy Duster with Tassle Tie - This breezy jacket features the illusion of a cinched waist with lacing reminiscent of a corset, while the A-line silhouette and flounced hem create fluid lines to accentuate your curves.
Pullover Poncho with Neck Warmer - This comfy poncho is just the right length to keep you toasty while still allowing the full range of motion you may lose underneath bulkier options. Paint the Town- Crochet is incredibly versatile and you can easily use it to create fabulous eveningwear.
Gothic Shawl with Two-way Zipper - This spiderweb-like shawl gives you the chance to let out your inner vamp.
Salsa Belt with Fringe - This belt was inspired by Colombian vocal artist, Shakira.
Feather Choker and Cocktail Bag - Unique accessories can spice up any outfit, especially when you add unexpected details to the mix.
Fitted Shrug with Cap Sleeves - This teensy shrug is the perfect little something to throw on over a little tank top.
Reverse Halter Sweater - This sweater merges the demure, feminine feel of a high ruffled collar with the flirtatious quality of a plunging neckline and a cropped hem.
Corset Top with Satin Ribbon - This modern take on the corset will let you breathe easy.
Bell Sleeve Shrug with Feathered Collar - Show everyone just how fabulous you are when you walk into the room wearing this embellished shrug.
T-Neck Top with Extended Sides - This funky little number looks like a simple halter top from the back, but the front is a whole different story.
Cape Shawl with Sleeves - Our cape shawl combines the practicality of a cardigan with the romance of a cape.
Shrunken Jacket with Attached Scarf - This shrunken jacket gives you the option of a little cover with the comfort and easy of crochet.
Peek-a-boo Dress and Shawl - This chic update of a classic A-line knit dress gives you a fashionable alternative to the little black dress.
|Number Of Pages||128|
- Well everything in this book is great! and so easy, I just love the way most if not all patterns can be done with Worst weight yarn. the only con in this book in my opinion is the fact that there are no pattern directions past extra large.I am so much thicker then an extra large!! so I find myself trying to alter the patterns to fit me. with that said besides sizing this book should be part of any urban crocheters library (Posted on 2/29/2012)
- Double Stitch Twins Crochet Book
- I just received my book and I was floored, the designs in this book is so awesome, I've started on the overhead sleeves, and it so easy to do, I can't wait to start the others. I love the Gothic Shawl, and the Hooded Poncho, as a matter of fact I love every item the book. Erika and Monica are really true Crochet Fashionistas, YOU GO GIRLS!!!!!!!!!! (Posted on 5/6/2011)
- Double Stitch: Designs for the Crochet Fashionista
- This book is full of cutting edge designs that are easy to follow for even the beginning crocheter. The mix of colors are an inspiration and the directions are easy to follow to create the items. I was able to move beyond scarves and create items that my friends envy. (Posted on 3/27/2011)
- Multi-seasonal, multi-colored, try it out!
- This books is full of interesting blends: Patterns: You find patterns for traditional garments (sweaters, scarves, shrugs, etc.). At the same time you find more unique patterns such as Funky One Sleeve, Corset Top, Webbed Halter, etc. Yarns: The yarns called for include stuff from the local yarn store (Berroco, Blue Sky Alpacas, Rowan) but also yarns you would find at the craft chains like Jo-Anns (TLC, Caron, LionBrand). Whatever your budget, the patterns work. Attentions spans: you won''t have to put a month into making each individual piece. These were awesomely easy/intermediate patterns. Also, the Simmons'' combine different yarn colors and textures with amazing results. Some of the patterns are more risqué than others. Like the back cover says, "make crochet fashionably modern, sexy, and fun." (Posted on 7/30/2010)
- I thought this book looked fantastic, but the very first pattern I tried, I had to reconfigure the gauge and there are so many design flaws! Luckily for me, I have 20 years experience crocheting so I made the appropriate adjustments, but how did this get published with so many errors??? (Posted on 5/16/2010)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.