Double Duty: Make and Use Simple Molds to Get the Most out of Your Metal Clay Jewelry Designs
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Whether you fabricate jewelry using traditional metalsmithing techniques, or model it in metal clay, chances are you are hand-making your pieces one at a time. Even if you do not choose to repeat the same design, you can broaden your repertoire of techniques using simple molds that you make rather than purchase. Learn ways to translate design elements from fabricated work to metal clay work with control and precision. Noël Yovovich is at home with both fabricated metalsmithing and metal clay, as well as casting and other techniques. She uses an ever-expanding collection of simple molds and metal clay in lieu of casting or in conjunction with it, to allow for a wider—and more immediate—way of working.
Why be limited to purchased stamps and textures? Every time you make a mold of work that you have created, you enlarge your library of elements that can be used to reproduce or re-use past work efficiently and cost-effectively. These elements can be cut, rearranged, changed in scale, and otherwise adapted to new creations. You will see concrete examples of these processes in the Noël's own work.
In this web seminar you'll learn:
- How to make molds of both fabricated and metal clay work, as well as almost anything else that strikes your fancy.
- Tips for using your molds to reproduce pieces, or cut and paste, mix and match to see elements in whole new ways.
- Streamline aspects of your process so you can focus your time on the creative aspects of your work.
- Techniques for making your process more profitable without sacrificing originality.
- And much more!
About the instructor:
Noël Yovovich was born in rural Florida, daughter of a frustrated artist father, a native of the Tampa area, and a Manhattan-raised math-teacher mother. She moved to Chicago for college at the University of Chicago, where she majored in art, and she has pursued art professionally ever since. She is currently the supervisor for 4 other goldsmiths at a jewelry gallery in Evanston, Illinois, as well as continuing to create her own unique work using anodized titanium, precious metals and gems, and silver clay. She also loves teaching jewelry-making at venues around the country, and writing step by step articles for Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist magazine.
Who Should Attend:
- Metal clay artists and jewelry makers who would like to expand their repertoire of design techniques.
- Metal clay artists who want to produce their original work more efficiently and profitably.
- Jewelry makers working in both fabrication and metal clay.
- Metal clay artists who are not satisfied with purchased stamps and textures.
- Jewelry makers who would be interested in seeing ways to add metal clay techniques to the work they are doing now.
- Jewelry makers and metal clay artists who understand that the more techniques they master and incorporate, the more unique and desirable their work will be.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- The information provided by Noel was good. I did learn from the info provided so it was luck I did not realize it was webinar format or I would have passed on this one. (I much prefer the video format.) Maybe Noel would consider a video lesson same topic with Interweave. (Posted on 2/9/2016)
- This review is on Noel's presentation
- It would be unfair to Noel if I just left my review at 3 stars as that was really directed at the seminar logistics. since they would not provide me with a link I bought the download and just finished watching it. I think Noel provided wonderful information and showed some stunning pieces of her work. I would recommend this webinar. (Posted on 4/3/2015)
- Dissatisfied with Interweave / format
- This is a review not of the content but of the the webinar experience. I was only able to view the webinar partially as I was at a cafe and was unable to hear the speaker. When I contacted customer service about a link, I was given a response that I should have done a save as or something and that a download can be bought shortly. I am not happy with this response nor want to buy the download, paying twice for this program. This may be the last webinar I will buy from here. (Posted on 3/25/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.