Designing Landscape Quilts Quilt Art Techniques Simplified with Judith Trager DVD
In this DVD, art quilter Judith Trager guides the viewer from start to finish through the design and creation of a landscape quilt.
The presentation begins with a discussion about choosing a photograph to work from.
Judith reviews the importance of placement and division of space in a landscape, and she shows how to simplify the elements to make an inspired quilt.
After piecing the background, Judith demonstrates how to add a silk-screened layer using freezer-paper stencils.
Once the silk-screened design is dry, the quilt is sandwiched and quilting is added.
Then fussy-cut appliqué elements are fused and stitched in place on the quilt sandwich.
Additional quilting and final design elements (including silk grasses and stamping) are added to the piece as appropriate, and finally, the quilt is completed with a sleeve and binding.
With this DVD, Judith Trager takes the mystery out of making a landscape quilt! You will learn how to make the foreground, middle ground, and background elements work successfully each time.
- Disappointing, this is more basic collage
I was so excited to receive this DVD as I was expecting to learn new and wonderful things!!!
How the tutor did her sky was different, but the rest was buy fabric grass and stick it down, buy large print sunflower fabric, stick that down, cut out long narrow leaf shapes, stick those down, and then stitch over the top!!! Where is any skill in that, my 9year old daughter could do this!!!
Please please please interweave give us DVDs we can sink our teeth into and REALLY learn some complex and exciting new methods. Please can you get your brilliant tutors to teach us the newest cutting edge methods. There is so much basic sewing methods like this on Utube, quilting arts could really produce the best exciting DVD's available!!!! (Posted on 4/20/2014)
- Best suited for beginners
- Our viewers found this DVD best suited for beginning quilters. The pacing was very slow, and too much time was spent completing steps. Step-outs would have helped here, as it felt like the actual sewing was largely an unnecessary time-filler. The focus on multiple layers of work was good, but some of the layers (fussy cut flowers) were very basic and not particularly artful. **** Interweave Comment: : Thank you for your comment. The Quilting Arts in Stitches eMags may be more to your liking as beginner and advanced art quilters enjoy them. **** (Posted on 8/13/2011)
- Some good ideas presented but disappointing
- I found the first part of this video very instructive. It presented some good information on cutting out leaves, applying them, and machine quilting them. I also got some ideas on the layout of a landscape quilt. Without giving away any details, I was disappointed in the way the blooms were made. I was looking forward to a lot more detail in that area. But overall, it is a worthwhile video with some interesting ideas. (Posted on 6/7/2011)
- Designing Landscape Quilts with Judith Trager
- This DVD is terrific. Judith's quilts are beautiful and it is very useful to learn about all the layers she uses to make them what they are. Judith covers: making a pieced background, silk screening using freezer paper as a stencil, machine embroidery and quilting, fussy-cut applique and finishing her quilts. I particularly liked her presentation which is aimed at inspiring me rather than having me copy what she does. If there were half stars I would have given it 4.5. (Posted on 5/22/2011)
- Designing Landscape Quilts: Quilt Art Techniques Simplified with Judith Trager
- wonderful demonstrations, and clear, simple instructions on how to simplify the subject to give a good design to subject. I highly recommend this video. (Posted on 4/13/2011)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.