Deluxe Jewelry Filing Collection
This exclusive collection with teach you everything you need to know about jewelry filing plus you'll also receive 13 files!
Price as configured: $49.99 Regular Price: $108.36
Files are an essential jewelry-making tool; there are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Take the mystery out of selecting the right file for every job as you explore the many shapes, cuts, and sizes of jewelry files available. You'll receive video downloads from Lexi Erickson and Helen Driggs, as well as Elizabeth Bone's silversmithing book, an issue of Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist, and of course, a set of files. Get the most out of your files by honing your technique, learning proper maintenance, and storing each file in your collection with care!
See what's inside the collection:
Grobet Half Round File
Made from the best steel in modern equipment, Grobet files are subject to careful inspection to insure the finest quality. This 6 inch half round file is a #2 Swiss.
Mini Needlefile Set
This set of 12 extra-fine needle files allows you to get into small, tight spaces. Each file is 4 inches long and #2 Swiss cut. This file set is a must for every jewelry maker!
Jewelry Filing: How to Choose, Use, and Care for Your Files
Choosing the right file for the metalsmithing job at hand can be confusing. Discover the ins and outs of jewelry files, from choosing and using to care and storage, with expert instruction from accomplished metalsmith Lexi Erickson. Watch and learn as Lexi shares a variety of shapes, file cuts, sizes, and uses for each file she demonstrates. Then, put everything you've learned into action as you work your way to a professional-quality finish.
Metalsmith Essentials: Basic Fabrication with Helen Driggs
Join artist and experienced metalsmith Helen Driggs in 9 watch-and-learn lessons as she shows you how to fabricate metal jewelry pieces! Master metalsmithing basics as you strengthen your jewelry-making skills with these essential techniques for getting started with metal, including how-tos in sawing, filing, hammering, forging, and much more!
Care and Use of Hand Files with Helen I. Driggs
Explore the different ways to store, use, and maintain your hand files. Begin by learning about the different parts of a file and which style is best for your jewelry uses. Then go to the bench! Then, learn ways to correctly and comfortably file. By the end of this video you'll feel comfortable about filing effectively.
Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist, November 2011
Expert jeweler and silversmith Elizabeth Bone offers a comprehensive guide to techniques, surface treatments, and innovations specifically designed for all jewelry makers working in silver.
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.