Dapped, Forged & Fused Jewelry with Janice Berkebile: Ring, Necklace, Pendant, and Earring Designs DVD
You'll love this if
- You want to break free from jewelry designs that are meticulous and rigid.
- You're looking for versatile jewelry-making techniques that will open doors to new ideas.
- You want to recycle your scrap metal into gorgeous jewelry pieces.
Dap, forge, and fuse your way to pod perfect jewelry!
Add some freeform freedom to your jewelry-making repertoire! Let Janice Berkebile show you how to embrace an organic approach to metalsmithing with this video workshop featuring three individual lessons. Start by learning how to fuse and dap scrap fine silver into pod shapes, make your own headpins, and forge silver wire into paddle shapes. See how you can use these basic metalsmithing techniques to create one-of-a-kind earrings, pendants, necklaces, and rings.
Order your copy of Dapped, Forged & Fused: Ring, Necklace, Pendant & Earring Designs with Janice Berkebile today to:
- Go with the flow! Discover a metalsmithing project that requires less planning so you can watch your design develop as youwork.
- Boost your metalsmithing skills as you learn helpful hints and technique tips that will improve your fusing, forging, and dapping skills.
- Discover how easy it is to fuse fine silver scrap metal into spheres which you can incorporate into your jewelry designs.
- And so much more!
Learn more about each individual workshop:
Dapped, Forged, and Fused Earrings
Fall in love with recycling your leftover fine silver as you create a pair of freeform earrings. Janice will show you how to fuse bits and pieces of metal into larger spheres, then forge them into discs of metal, making organic shapes that are unique every time.
Dapped, Forged, and Fused Necklace & Pendant
Janice Berkebile will teach you how to repurpose your scrap metal as you create a gorgeous pendant and a lively. Join Janice and learn how to forge fine silver spheres into metal sheet to create the pod pieces, add volume and texture as you dap your pods into shape, and then craft your own headpins so you can assemble all of the parts together.
Woven & Fused Rings
Take wire-wrapping to a whole other dimension! Join Janice Berkebile as she teaches you how to dap silver pod shapes, make a ring armature, and then weave all of the pieces together to create a truly unique cocktail ring. This ring project is perfect for new jewelry-makers wanting to get more comfortable with basic techniques including forging, fusing, and wire-weaving. It is also great for seasoned metalsmiths who are looking for jewelry projects that embody an organic and freeform design.
About the Author
A native to the Pacific Northwest, Janice Berkebile is inspired by the organic forms found in nature, Japanese motifs, textile techniques and the sinuous lines found in the Art Nouveau movement. Her focus is wire and metalwork. Her passion is becoming intimate with the subtleties of this medium and sharing these techniques with her students.
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.