Customizing Sweater Patterns Part 1
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
How many times have you thought, ”I’d like that sweater but I wish it had . . . “. In Patty Lyons' two-part webinar series you will learn the simple math to change basic sweater elements.
Using a simple pattern as a base, you will work through a series of the most common sweater pattern changes. In PART 1 of this web seminar series you'll explore how to recognize which sweaters are a good candidate for change. Learn how to find the right size to start making adjustments to, break down the sweater into shaping zones, and find the easy changes from the difficult ones. With Patty's help, you'll look at changes to size, gauge length and stitch pattern.
Discover how to make every pattern, your perfect sweater pattern!
With Customizing Sweater Patterns, Part 1 web seminar, you'll learn:
- How to find the right size to work with
- How to find the shaping zones in a schematic
- How gauge changes effect the ease and over all look of the sweater
- Simple sizing adjustments you can make with gauge
- How to use multiple stitch patterns in a design
- And more!
Discover how to make any sweater pattern into your perfect sweater! Who should attend this web seminar:
- Knitter’s who want to learn how to use different stitch in a pattern
- Knitter’s who can’t get gauge, or would like to use a different gauge
- Knitter’s who want to learn the basics of pattern alterations
- Knitter’s who want to learn how to make every pattern their own
- Knitter’s who want to mix and match different neck, collar, sleeve and body styles with existing patterns
PATTY LYONS is a nationally recognized knitting teacher and technique expert who is known for teaching the “why” not just the “how” in her pursuit of training the “mindful knitter”. She specializes in sweater design and sharing her love of the much-maligned subjects of gauge and blocking.
Patty teaches nationally at guilds & knitting shows around the country such as Vogue Knitting LIVE, STITCHES, and the Knit and Crochet Show and her popular classes can also be found online at Interweave, Annie’s and Craftsy where her “Improve Your Knitting Class” was named Craftsy’s most popular class of 2013! Patty is excited about her newest DVDs with Interweave “Knitting Bag of Tricks” & “Advanced Fixes in Knitting”.
Patty’s designs and knitting skill articles have been published in Interweave Knits, Vogue Knitting, Knitter’s Magazine, Cast On, Knit Style, and Creative Knitting magazines, where she also writes a knitter’s advice column called “Patty’s Purls of Wisdom”. Patty’s designs have also been included in pattern collections from Classic Elite, Noro, Cascade, Universal, Tahki Stacy Charles and Kollage Yarns.
|Product Type||Video Download|
|File Type||MP4, PDF|
- Terrible format!!
- Good information , well presented.
- Patty Lyons' explanation of the subtleties of yarn substitution was clear and concise She is knowledgeable and presents in an easy-to-understand manner. However, I would have preferred to have her introduction take a bit less than 7 minutes. I had hoped for more content and less advertising. . (Posted on 4/5/2015)
- Discover the magic
This webinar covers the basics of sweater design. Learn to decipher and use the schematic. Learn to draw your own if one is missing. Patty covers how to get from stitches to inches and back. I won't give everything away, but this webinar rocks. !! Q and A at the end.
Delivery method is not the greatest. I would have preferred to see her. (Posted on 4/5/2015)
- Important Reasons to Swatch
- Know your gauge even row gauge. Part I of Patty's webinar examines the basics of sweater design and the language of knitting. Find out about the magic formula to seamlessly travel from stitches or rows to inches and back again. Learn to understand sweater schematics. Part 2 is where the fun begins. (Posted on 4/4/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.