Custom Socks eBook
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Custom Socks: Knit to Fit Your Feet by Kate Atherley
Seeking the right fit on hand knit socks? Whether you knit toe-up or top-down Custom Socks: Knit to Fit Your Feet is for you! Customize for the perfect fit with Kate Atherley’s expert instruction on properly measuring feet. Enjoy tips for grafting the toe, picking up gusset stitches, neatly hiding wraps, and more. Explore sock knitting patterns that fit with new and inspiring designs.
This book is for you if you are:
- A sock knitter
- A beginner wanting to lean to knit socks
- An intermediate or advanced sock knitter looking for instruction on custom fitting their socks
- A pattern designer looking to offer more sizing options on your sock knitting patterns
Preview Custom Socks with Kate Atherley
Also, join sock knitting expert and math guru Kate Atherley and learn to knit socks that fit like a dream in Knit Socks that Fit: Create Patterns Using Precise Measurements + Gauge DVD (also available as a Digital Video Download).
About the Author:
Kate Atherley was taught to knit as a child by her grandmother, Hilda Lowe. Hilda was a legendary knitter in her own right. A family legend - sadly unconfirmed - says that Hilda used to earn a penny turning the heel of socks for knitters in her neighborhood, when she was a girl. Kate is a mathematician and refugee from the technology industry. She has written two books: Beyond Knit and Purl(Cooperative Press, 2012), and Knit Accessories: Essential and Variations(Cooperative Press, 2012). She is Knitty's Lead Technical Editor and also does other freelance technical editing. Plus, Kate’s a regular contributor to books and magazines, including most recently the Spring 2013 issue of Sockupied. She lives in Toronto with her husband and their challenging, but mostly adorable, rescue hound Dexter.
Kate just released an exciting new DVD, Knit Socks that Fit: Create Patterns Using Precise Measurements + Gauge (also available as a Digital Video Download).
|Number Of Pages||192|
|Technique||Grafting, Toe Up|
- I love this book!
- What's not to like? Many patterns I'm keen to knit, most with toe-up and toe-down instructions, and then there's all the useful technical assistance in getting the fit right. (Posted on 7/11/2016)
- Great book
- This is a great book. Knitting the Fitzcaraldo sock and learning how to adjust the measurements . There is a little typo on the chart, row 32. (Posted on 11/29/2015)
- Great resource!
Custom Socks is well written and extremely well organized. As an experienced sock knitter, this book looks to be invaluable. It has exhaustive resource material that will be useful over and over again. Size charts and references to cast ons and cast offs will always be with me on my iPad.
That missing fifth star is only because of the lack of being able to navigate the book easily. The index would be much more helpful if the page numbers were live links.
(Posted on 9/5/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.