Aspenglow Jacket Crochet Pattern Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
A lattice of interlocking cables floats over a background of Tunisian crochet in this asymmetrical cardigan. Waist shaping and set-in sleeves give it a trim, tailored look. Negotiating the cables and shaping is a delicious challenge. To create the rich color with no streaking or pooling, two colorways of hand-dyed yarn are alternated every row.
Finished Size:34 (37, 40, 43, 46, 49, 52, 55)" bust circumference, buttoned. Garment shown measure 37", modeled with 3" ease.
Yarn:Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted (100% superwash merino; 225 yd [206 m]/ 4 oz [113 g]; ): #710 robot overlord (A), 4 (4, 5, 5, 5, 6, 6, 6) skeins; #8 harvest (B), 4 (4, 5, 5, 5, 6, 6, 6) skeins.
Yarn Weight:#4 - Medium
Hook: Sizes H/8 (5 mm) Tunisian hook and L/11 (8 mm) Tunisian or standard hook. Adjust hook size if necessary to obtain correct gauge.
Notions:Locking st markers (m); yarn needle; fi ve 1 ½ "2 ½" buttons; two 1" matching buttons for cuffs.
Gauge:16 sts and 16 rows = 4" in tss with smaller hook; 14 sts and 17 rows = 4" in tks with larger hook.
Originally Published:Interweave Crochet, Winter 2010
|Product Type||Pattern Download|
- Totally Confusing!!
Well this is the SECOND time I'm writing a review on this pattern. Since the 1st time was not a raving review, I'm not surprised that it didn't post...
Keep in mind I'm a fairly experienced crocheter and these are my thoughts...
1) The 3RC and 3LC instructions were not very clear and hard to understand. Creator of pattern sent me photos of 3RC, but, after asking a couple of times, didn't hear back on the 3LC. She stated the editors took out a lot of the visual aids. They must not have tried to make this sweater before deciding what they thought wasn't necessary to include (probably because they also don't crochet...).
2) The pocket... GOOD LUCK! Instructions aren't that great either. Where to attach... Where to tss2tog... Oh my!
3) Got 50% off pattern during a sale. Thank goodness! At best it's good for the outline of the sweater and I created my own design within the sweater. (Posted on 1/8/2014)
OMG! I was really excited to make this sweater. Ordered my yarn and pattern and sat down to get started. As always, I read over the pattern and the stitches. In doing so, there's supposed to be a reference to "BO" in the Glossary. Unless it's in invisible ink, it doesn't exist. When you try to Google what it means, it's "bobble". Not sure how that fits in, but after MUCH thought, I assumed it means to slip stitch. At least that's how I've used it and it seems correct.
After getting started, the cable pattern... Don't even get me started! The instructions and lack of pictures makes the 3LC and 3RC difficult and I consider myself a pretty experienced crocheter. I contacted the creator of the pattern on her blog. She sent me additional photos (that the editors who probably don't even crochet) removed. That helped with the 2RC, but she did not respond to multiple requests for the same for the 3LC.
Long story short, I used the foundation of the pattern (i.e. shape, stitch count) and created my own design in the sweater. That's about all this pattern is good for. IF you buy it, make sure you get it on sale and don't pay full price. (Posted on 1/7/2014)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.