How to Create a DIY Photo Studio: Get Professional Results at Home!
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Ready to photograph your fiber? Join photographer Jason Mullett-Bowlsby as he discusses how to create a fool-proof photo studio in your own home.You’ve worked hard to create your project, whether it’s a crochet cardi, a beaded necklace, or a ship in a bottle, now you want to photograph your work to showcase your skills in the best light possible. The problem is, you aren't a professional photographer and you don't own all that expensive equipment nor do you have access to a photography studio. Furthermore, renting a space is expensive and you would have to learn how to use those professional strobe lights and wireless flashes… GAH! What's a person to do? Now worries! Jason will guide you step-by-step through how to create your own DIY photography studio space right in your own home! You'll learn how to build basic photography equipment yourself, using items you already have in your house and we'll show you how to find inexpensive (and often FREE) and easy-to-use software online to finish your photos. With Jason's pro secrets for using inexpensive items from any hardware store and others you already own while utilizing the space you already have, you will have all the tools you need to create your own photo studio for professional looking results right in your own home. With this recorded webinar, you'll:
- Break It Down: What are the must have items for a “pro” studio.
- What kind of a space do you need?
- Build your own backdrop holder/light diffuser with basic DIY supplies
- Cheap and easy lighting fixes that will astound you
- What is a Lightbox? Do you need one? How to make one cheap and easy!
- Make bounces for professional results from items you have in your house already
- Learn what software the pro’s swear by and how to get similar results for little or no money.
Who should download?
- Makers who want to show off their work through professional looking photography without breaking the bank.
- Independent professional designers who need to take great photos of their work for websites and online sales.
- Artists who are unhappy with paying big fees for so-so photos that don't show their work in the best light possible.
- Anyone with a camera who wants to take professional looking photos at home but is afraid of the cost, space, and time commitment.
Jason Mullett-Bowlsby is one-half of the design team known as The Shibaguyz with their businesses Shibaguyz Photography and Shibaguyz Designz. Jason is a fashion, commercial, and portrait photographer whose work can be seen in the collections of independent designers as well as in books from major craft publishers like Leisure Arts, Creative Publishing, and Lark Publishing. A dedicated instructor, Jason is passionate about teaching aspiring photographers, designers, and makers how to get the most out of their photography through one-on-one instruction as well as classes and online seminars. One of his favorite gigs as a photographer is at local and national dog shows; where he has been invited to photograph at such prestigious organizations as the Seattle Kennel Club and the Westminster Kennel Club dog shows. Jason lives in Seattle, Washington with his husband Shannon (the designer behind Shibaguyz Designz) and their three Shiba Inu who, more or less, support their ventures as long as enough time is taken for walks and treats. To see more of their work and to follow along on their adventures in fiber, photography, and Shibas, catch up with Shannon and Jason at Shibaguyz.com and ShibaguyzPhotography.com.
How to Create a DIY Photo Studio:
Get Professional Results at Home!
Web Seminar Download with the Shibaguyz, Jason and Shannon Mullett-Bowlsby
|Product Type||Video Download|
|Author/Designer||Shannon Mullett-Bowlsby, Jason Mullett-Bowlsby|
- Fantastic information!
Great information and simple directions. I do not feel overwhelmed by the information, and I'm ready to run to the store for the few items that I don't have around the house to start taking better pictures! My mind was blown by one simple trick that could have improved tons of cellphone pics. Well worth the buy if you take any type of pictures of handmade items or just want more professional family portraits without having to pay a studio!
(Posted on 9/7/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.