Beyond the Basics: Half Double Crochet
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Back to Basics: Half Double Crochet Web seminar with Jennifer Burt
Create unique and beautiful textures with variations of this easy stitch!
Take your crocheting to the next level and explore the wonders of the half double crochet stitch with this web seminar!
The half double crochet stitch (hdc) is widely used, but wildly underused. Variations of the hdc can result in quite a few interesting styles and textures. Flat, ridged, bumpy, raised, and even stitches that resemble the knit stitch are all possible with the hdc.
Take your crocheting to the next level and learn all of the unique, clever, and creative ways this simple stitch is far from basic. This web seminar will show you how to add texture and interest to your crochet fabric by making simple changes to the half double crochet stitch. From where you put your hook to working in the round, the hdc stitch is one of the most versatile stitches used in crochet. Learn how this simple stitch can have a completely different look depending on which loop you use and how this change affects the look of your finished fabric
Once you have mastered the different ways to create this easy stitch, test your new skills with a free bonus pattern to create a fun and useful bag. You will be amazed by the different looks this simple stitch can create. Join us for this fun exploration and put your imagination to the test creating fun new textures of your own.
With this web seminar you'll learn:
- How to work the half double crochet in rows and in the round
- The different parts of a hdc stitch.
- How to effect different looks by crocheting into different parts of the stitch
- How to alter your stitch patterns depending on whether you are working in the round or working in rows
- How to work this stitch in the front and back loops
- How to work this stitch around the vertical post
- How to work this stitch in the horizontal bar
Who should attend?
- Crocheters who want to add new and unique textures to their projects
- Crocheters who want to learn more about post stitches
- Crocheters who enjoy trying new stitches and techniques
Join Love of Crochet editor Jennifer Burt for this informative, fun web seminar about the half double crochet stitch!
Jennifer Burt is the editor for Love of Crochet magazine.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Overall a great video to enhance your crochet technique
- This webinar is packed with good information on the many variations of HDC. It is easy to work along with the webinar to get a feel for doing the variations. The graphics were helpful in showing what the stitches should look like. (Posted on 4/20/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.