Beginning Crochet Online Workshop with Shannon Mullett-Bowlsby
Join designer and author Shannon Mullett-Bowlsby as he teaches you everything you need to know to begin crocheting your own projects. From holding your hook correctly to making basic stitches, you won’t want to miss out on this Online Workshop!
This product will be accessible from My Online Workshops located in My Account after purchase.
Do you want to learn to crochet, but aren’t sure where to start? Join designer and author Shannon Mullett-Bowlsby as he teaches you everything you need to know to begin crocheting your own projects. Learn how to hold your hook and make basic stitches, then discover how variations on these stitches can create entire projects. Get tips and tricks on swatching, blocking, and fixing wonky edges; you’ll look like an expert in no time! Finally, put all you’ve learned together to create a simple scarf.
In this Online Workshop you’ll:
- Receive in-depth crochet instruction from one of the best crochet designers.
- Get additional step-by-step illustrations for all basic stitches and more.
- Practice a variety of swatch assignments.
- Enjoy 5 bonus patterns from Interweave Crochet to practice your new-found skills.
- Before You Stitch: The Hook & Yarn
- My First Stitches
- Swatching & Blocking
- Pattern Reading
- Fixing Wonky Edges
- Foundation Stitches
- Variations on Basic Stitches
- Wrapping Up
Techniques Covered: basic crochet chain; single, double, half-double, and treble crochet; post stitches and other stitch variations; making foundation chains, reading basic patterns, blocking.
What skill level will enjoy this product: Beginner. No experience needed, just curiosity and a desire to learn.
Materials Required: smooth wool or wool-blend worsted weight yarn; crochet hook in size i-9 (5.5 mm); tapestry needle for weaving in ends; small tape measure; Optional: blocking matt or towel, T pins for blocking.
Beginning Crochet Online Workshop Includes:
- Discussion board: The discussion board is a great way to interact with other users in the Online Workshop. It's an open forum for you to ask questions, share your thoughts, and express your inspirations.
- Gallery: Share images of your work where you can give and receive feedback from fellow students.
- Notes: This is a place for you to keep personal notes to help you with your work and the Online Workshop content. Only you will be able to see your notes.
- A helpful quiz to test your knowledge
- Optional Assignments: Enhance your skills with a hands-on learning experience as you interact with fellow students.
- Video Lessons: Run Time ≈ 157minutes
About the Instructor:
Shannon Mullett-Bowlsby is the co-founder of Shibaguyz Designz and The Shibaguyz. He is an award-winning crochet and knitwear designer and has published hundreds of patterns for magazines, yarn companies, and his own pattern line. He has authored eight books so far, including his two most recent, Crochet Geometry (Sterling Publishing, 2016) and Designer Crochet (Sterling Publishing, 2015). Be sure to check out his other Online Workshops at Interweave.com, including Crochet Ribbing 7 Ways and Crochet Garment Design.
|Product Type||Online Workshop|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.