Crochet So Fine Exquisite Designs with Fine Yarns
Kristin Omdahl's Crochet So Fine takes crocheted clothing from fussy to fashionable! By working with thinner yarns and more flexible stitches, crocheters can produce garments that are stylish and comfortable, figure-flattering without being form-fitting and great for layering. And just because the yarn is thin doesn't mean crocheters need to use the smallest of hooks, fine crochet can be quick and easy, too.
Crocheters begin by exploring techniques specific to crocheting with fine yarns: gauge, blocking, and garment construction tips to maximize drape. Then they can choose from 20 projects including stunning crocheted pullovers, cardigans, jackets, capes, shawls, scarves, hats, and more. Many of the projects only require one or two skeins of yarn. The designs are interesting to make, using clever stitch motifs, innovative and traditional shaping methods, and a variety of crochet techniques and embellishment ideas. In addition to a variety of stitch patterns, motifs, and techniques, Crochet So Fine includes tutorials with detailed illustrations and instruction on Tunisian crochet, broomstick crochet, and hairpin lace. The garments include couture details such as colorwork, beading, lace, ruffles, tiers, and more. All stitch motifs include charts, and the specialized techniques include how-to sections.
For a free downloadable pattern of The Swirl Waves Shawl featured in Crochet So Fine and on Episode 411 of Knitting Daily TV, click here: http://crochetme.com/media/p/110895.aspx
|Number Of Pages||160|
- LOTS OF FUN PROJECTS
- I must say that I have literally hundreds of books and even more in magazines and this is my favorite. I have made almost all the items in this book and they have all turned out spectacular getting tons of compliments. This book is more for the advanced crocheter and you must be willing as the title states to work with fine yarn, which means projects will take a bit longer. If you are patient and fall into those two categories I promise you won't be disappointed. Also the patterns are classy looking and definitely not outdated as many books out there are. (Posted on 4/18/2016)
- Open lace lovers delight
- I couldn't wait for this book to arrive. Going by the description alone it sounded to good to be true for what I wanted. It was everything I hoped for and then some. The lovely lacy work was well photographed and I couldn't wait to get my hooks out. Well written patterns that are easy to follow. You can use suggested yarn or go wild and chose a totally different yarn for a whole new look. Wonderful and I highly recommend to all. I am not an advanced Crocheter, more like advanced beginner, but this made me feel competent enough to go for all of the patterns. Thank you for an amazing crochet book. (Posted on 7/16/2015)
- More photos please
- Before investing in a pattern book, it's customary to see what you'll be buying. Is it possible to start posting photos of the patterns so we can be sure this is what we want? (Posted on 4/11/2015)
- wonderful ideas with great instructions, beautiful pics
- I have always like Kristen's books, since attending an online webinar I have her finer edge and have made several trims from it. This book is of equal value to me, with the fine yarns I have tried to stray away from for years, they just were too difficult looking as well as not explained clearly. This book has level the playing field for this old-time lefty. Thank you, for igniting my passion again. (Posted on 9/28/2014)
- Inspired me to learn lace work
- This book has some incredibly beautiful pieces to create. The directions a fairly simple to follow because they include both written and diagrammed instructions. I have recommended it to many friends. (Posted on 9/23/2013)
- Wow - inspired me to learn to crochet
- I had always wanted to learn to crochet but was never inspired by the dowdiness of materials I had seen until this book. I was immediately taken aback by the beauty and fashionable nature of the majority of selections. My very first crochet project was the green shawlette and though I used the wrong sized yarn and didn't really know what I was doing, it came out just fine (it took me about 3 weeks). I don't advocate this for beginners but it did teach me to read directions and patterns for projects. I would not be crocheting if this book hadn't crossed my path. (Posted on 11/14/2011)
- Crochet So Fine: Exquisite Designs with Fine Yarns (10CR01)
- Beautiful patterns that come to life in your hands. Have already made the Diamonds Shawl and getting ready to make the Shimmer Beaded Lace Cape. Can't wait to make more. With pictures, diagrams, and written instructions, you can't go wrong. (Posted on 10/5/2011)
- Crochet So Fine
- One of the most beautiful collections of crochet-patterns ever. These projects will appeal to the elegant romantic. Kristin Omdahl is totally in tune with the classic crochet the way it used to be done (doilies, tablecloths, bedspreads), and has transformed these techniques into shawls, wraps and accessories of breathtaking beauty. I have just finished making the shawlette called "Sprout" as a Christmas gift, and my next project will be the "Diamonds" shawl. Thank you, Kristin, for this beautiful book! (Posted on 9/27/2010)
- Crochet So Fine
- Kristin''s designs are nothing short of gorgeous! Sometimes crocheted garments convey a more old-fashioned sense of style than knitted garments. Kristen overcomes that by providing new takes on old patterns that make each design unique, up-to-date, and absolutely lovely! Once I am employed again, I plan to buy this book. (Posted on 7/5/2010)
- Perfect for South Florida !
- I''m looking forward to the release of "Crochet So Fine". Living in the sub-tropics makes it tricky to create crocheted fashions that aren''t too bulky. These designs are fashionable, lightweight and perfect to wear for an evening out or as a light cover-up in the air-conditioning. (Posted on 1/26/2010)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.