Crochet Me Workshop Crochet Corner Basics and Beyond with Kristin Omdahl DVD
Knitting Daily TV's crochet expert Kristin Omdahl walks you through basic to advanced crochet stitches, motifs, and more!
Designer Kristin Omdahl demystifies crochet on this workshop video with clear instructions for guaranteed success. You'll begin with an explanation of how to read crochet patterns, how to "get gauge," and how to hold your yarn.
Plus, you'll learn:
- Basic crochet stitches and chains, such as a single crochet, a turning chain, half double crochet, double crochet, treble crochet, Tunisian crochet, and more
- How to innovate your crochet patterns with ripples, chevrons, bobbles, shells and lace openwork
- Crochet techniques, such as how to crochet in the round, how to change colors, increase and decrease for shaping, and more
- Finishing techniques, such as crocheted edgings, how to weave in your ends, basic seaming, and more
Plus, with Kristin's help and expertise, you'll learn how to customize crochet and begin designing crochet motifs and patterns on your own!
This workshop DVD includes access to an abundance of crochet patterns, online at KnittingDailyTV.com, so you can practice your techniques and build your crochet skills.
- Great videos, but disjointed clips
- As a true beginner I was disappointed. There's nothing about starting from the foundation chain. The video clips are generally well shot, but disjointed and leave off the beginning and the end. How did you get to the point where the video clip starts? I think as I progress, it will be a good reference to see someones hands making the motions of steps coded in a pattern. (Posted on 6/6/2015)
- Crochet Me Workshop
- Kristin Omdah's DVD goes way too fast. She doesn't really teach you anything. I feel like I wasted my money on this one. Love her work tho. (Posted on 4/17/2011)
- Ok for beginners.
- Not impressed. The beginner stiches are great for step by step instructions. But when you get to the more advanced. Parts are left out. In joining the hairpin lace pannels. Great explanation on beginning of the row. But, no explanation on what to do with the loops left on your hook at the end of the row. Trying to find the patterns mention is impossible. Not only are they just reference to go to the website. The name of the pattern is missing on all the patterns. I tryed to go find the patterns for the hairpin lace and the scarf motive. Unable to locate at all. Since I can not find the patterns. I am disappointed. At least they could of referenced the names or included the patterns with the DVD. (Posted on 3/26/2011)
- Crochet Me Workshop
- I was disappointed. On the hairpin lace especially. During the connecting of the pannels was so short it did not show how to finish off the rows. Just how to start the rows for connecting. When you get to the end you still have loops on the hook and are left wondering what to do with the loops. It is great video for basics. Very fast pace. very short clips. Looks like the video took parts of other videos and when edited together. No one notice missing information for finishing what was started. It refers to patterns which I would love to try refering just back to the website with out even the name of the pattern to search for. I tryed to search for the patterns referenced in the video and been unable to locate the patterns. Either for the hairpin lace or the scarf that shows connecting the motifs. Both of which I want to make. I have learned the stiches for each, but being unable to locate the pattern makes what I learned useless. **INTERWEAVE RESPONSE** Sorry to hear you were disappointed with this DVD. Yes, this DVD is a collection of Kristen (Posted on 3/26/2011)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.