Crochet Market Bags Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
What's better than a sturdy, expandable, stylish, customized bag to take to the market or grocery store? Learn how to crochet two styles of market bags using filet crochet and mesh stitch. It's much easier than you think! By the time you finish this tutorial, you'll be designing your own bags with your favorite colors, fibers, and stitches. Two original market bag patterns are included with this video workshop!
Learn how to:
- Choose the right fiber for your market bag
- Create a substantial base for your bag using a spiral pattern
- Differentiate between crochet circles that are made using spirals and joins
- Use double crochet to achieve your preferred look
- Master the mesh stitch and filet crochet techniques for an expandable bag
About the Host:
Mary Beth Temple is a crochet and knitting designer and instructor based in North Carolina. In addition to teaching around the country, her designs have been featured in many magazines and books, including Unexpected Afghans: Innovative Designs with Traditional Techniques and terweave Crochet. Find out more on her website at HookedForLifePublishing.com.
|Product Type||Video Download|
|File Type||PDF, MP4|
|Author/Designer||Mary Beth Temple|
- Good class on working in the round (flat) and lovely market bags
I learn a lot from this class and enjoyed it, it has a good section on how to work in the round, increase and also correct mistakes.
I like the tutor and her style. She explained things very well, and she crammed a lot in one video.
I would say that this class is for advanced beginners, because things are not explained in detail, and sometimes she crochets quite fast when explaining stitches. However I found her easy to follow overall.
It would be useful to have some information about the level of the class before purchasing, prior knowledge required etc.
Also the video is not divided in chapters so it's going to be hard to find things again in future, for example if I need to check the crab stich. And downloaded files are not easy to watch on an android tablet, it would be easier to access them online.
Also the pattern is not always very clear, e.g. "move m to sc just made" where m is not an abbreviation I've seen before. (Posted on 11/29/2015)
- Fun, interesting, useful!
This video is fun to watch and the larger mesh market bag is fun to make. I enjoyed working on the project and customized it for my own use -- and it was very easy to do that. I have not made the smaller filet bag yet, but it's on my upcoming must-do list.
These are truly useful projects for my use, but more than that, I appreciate that the markets bags are just the thing to help reduce the use of plastic bags.
I particularly liked the tip about linen fiber.
Mary Beth is a great teacher.
(Posted on 10/24/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.