Discover your creative happy place in between the covers of creativeGIRL. Author Danielle Donaldson will help you grow as an artist by allowing the reality of your day-to-day to work with your process instead of against it. Learn how to organize your time, personalize your process, create colorful creative stashes, and organize your supplies in new ways to help infuse every day with creative time.
creativeGIRL will not only help you find time to create but also teach you new techniques and help you develop your artistic style with confidence. Learn what you love and why it works from you. Infuse your art with delightful color and draw the pictures from your imagination. Learn how to tell visual stories without words and add depth and layers to your art. Work through your frustrations and problem solve with confidence, grace, and a good attitude.
Inside creativeGIRL you will find:
- More than 30 techniques and projects including drawing, painting and adding layers
- Learn how to draw and paint figures such as creativeGIRL, busyGIRL, and tutuGIRL. Then create your own girl to channel your story
- Find even more inspiration in a gallery filled with extraLOVE from the artist
About the Author
Danielle Donaldson has walked a creative path for as long as she can remember. Her love of art began, as most young souls do, with a big box of crayons and a stack of coloring books. Over time, she focused her artistic efforts in watercolor and graphite drawing techniques, and eventually received her degree in graphic design. Her love of fine art, combined with her skills as a graphic designer, have provided her with an uncommon pairing of intuition and practicality, creating a careful balance between the stories she tells with her pencils and paints, and what others around her are drawn to.
|Number Of Pages||128|
- Fun, inspirational book
- I don't write book reviews but I had to for this wonderfully inspirational book. I picked this up on a whim at a second hand book store. I thought there would be a few things I could use. I was wrong! Every page holds something to discover that I can utilize in art journaling and lettering projects. I have hundreds of art, craft and creativity books that are all good but this one was exceptional. I could not put this book down. It is a delight to look at and glean instruction from. It is more than worth the full price but for the bargain price I paid it was a real treasure. (Posted on 10/18/2016)
- Too much fun
- So much fun! So much to learn! So much eye candy! All in one book! And I get to look at it whenever I want to look at it, even while the rest of the house is sleeping because I've got it on my iPad and I'm all snuggled down with it in my comfy bed. It's great propped up on my work table too while I try out her suggestions and make them my own. Money truly well spent. (Posted on 7/12/2016)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.