Creative Lettering: Using Your Doodles On Demand Web Seminar
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You'll love this if:
- You enjoyed Kari’s first web seminar, “Delectable Doodles and Beyond”
- You’ve designed your own creative lettering, and want to learn how to apply it to your mixed-media art projects
- You want to learn best practices for applying artful lettering styles to your art
If you enjoyed Kari McKnight Holbrook's web seminar, "Delectable Doodles and Beyond," then prepare to enjoy part two, "Creative Lettering: Using Your Doodles." Now that you've learned how to create fonts and artful lettering, discover how to incorporate your newly designed handwriting into your mixed-media projects!
Handwriting is a love-hate relationship for many artists. Even if they are blessed with having naturally lovely handwriting, they may agonize over physically putting it into their art. Many opt for using found text rather than risk beautiful created backgrounds, or expensive journals. This workshop will show the hesitant artist how to incorporate their own writing (and authentic marks) into their art with no risk!
Kari McKnight Holbrook will guide you through a charming mixed media canvas project as a vehicle to demonstrate how easy it is to use your own writing on various surfaces. Using easily obtained supplies, you will discover the hows and whys certain products work together, and some do not. Products and processes are thoroughly explained as the artwork takes shape.
In step by step fashion, Kari walks you through the process she uses to infuse whimsy and personality into her personal art. Kari offers art without risk, encouraging you to believe in your own mark making abilities. She instructs you in an approachable fashion that makes the connections to your own art and own methods exciting and relevant.
What You'll Learn:
- Create a whimsical mixed-media canvas project.
- Learn the best methods for incorporating your personal writing into your art, and how to add creative lettering to your projects with no risk to your previous layers.
- Explore ways to test placement and size before committing.
- Discover how to get perfect writing every time.
- Investigate the best methods to protect your previously created backgrounds.
About the Instructor
Kari McKnight Holbrook is an award winning architectural photographer, artist, and author who enjoys teaching mixed media workshops around the world. Her expressive photos, art, articles and studio have been featured in dozens of the industry’s top magazines. She plays with all forms of mixed media, and is taking great pleasure this year as a 2013 Design Team member for Sculpey. Kari is a devoted instructor and she delights in sharing her love for art with students, watching them bloom in their artistic journeys. Her engaging, popular classes are light hearted and designed with student’s pleasure and success in mind, enthusiastically guiding projects and techniques while allowing for artistic self discovery and individualization. Her website is http://backporchartessa.blogspot.com.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Disappointed with this. It was too long for the amount of the information that was shared. It's just a series of Powerpoint slides and a voice talking over it. No actual demo. The points raised could have been covered in a simple magazine article. Definitely not worth the money paid for it. Waste of time, waste of money (Posted on 10/21/2013)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.