Creative Cloth: Designing and Embellishing Handwoven Fabric DVD
An intimate visit with Anita Mayer, renowned artist and weaver.
Visit her studio, learn about her inspirations and her creative process, and see her work.
|Author/Designer||Anita Luvera Mayer|
- INSPIRING !
- Anita is so inspiring and creative ! She shares so much. I have enjoyed watching it. She shows a lot of techniques, that I can't wait to try. Thank you ! (Posted on 9/28/2014)
- What a kick!
- Our weaving guild has had Anita lead several interesting workshops. It's nice to see that she has lost none of her verve and zest for the creation of unique textiles. Her personal view of the way a woman relates to her textiles is precious as is she. There's much useful information to be gained by the watching of this dvd. I would recommend it for the fibre person who loves handwork. (Posted on 3/31/2014)
- Anita's DVD has inspired me so much. I cannot wait to share it with my creative group. I have been looking for something to take my work up a notch or two or more, and this was perfect. So happy I purchased it. (Posted on 12/6/2013)
A fibery friend and I watched this DVD set today which I had borrowed from my public library and thoroughly enjoyed learning about Anita's creative process. Seeing the finished garments, her design thoughts, and then to see how she actually creates her incredible fabrics was inspirational. Her sense of humor and practicality was wonderful and I plan on suggesting our weaving guild purchase this DVD set.
Thank you Interweave Press and Anita! (Posted on 11/13/2013)
- Wonderful workshop
- Anita is a very special lady. I found her and her work very inspiring. Excellent ideas and lots of them from all aspects of this workshop. I love her uniforms and have started redoing my wardrobe. It just makes so much sense. Her suggestions for developing ideas and projects are very helpful and using them is a pleasure and they can be applied to all sorts of things. Some very useful ideas for embellishment and creating unique fabric and items. I have been using them on fabric for furniture and bags too. Many thanks Anita! (Posted on 9/10/2013)
- Anita is a treasure
- I ordered this DVD download in June and I have watched it several times. Anita is a treasure and her creations are amazing. She is very generous in spirit as she shares her techniques and inspirations with us. My favorite part of the DVD is her sketchbooks. I really enjoy looking the stages she takes to get to the finished project. (Posted on 8/23/2013)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.