Crafting a Fabric Arts Business
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Launching a creative arts business in today's market can be a profitable yet challenging endeavor. As a creative entrepreneur there are many decisions to be made about your brand and the products you offer. Learn about many opportunities that exist for building and growing your business including publishing, licensing, and partnering with manufacturers and influencers.
Amy will share her nearly 25 years of experience in the sewing and fabric arts with an eye toward inspiring and educating those with the entrepreneurial spirit. Her discussion focuses on product development, manufacturing, and licensing, sales channels including catalogs, home shopping networks, bricks and mortar independent retailers and chain stores, wholesale and retail trade shows, collaborating with industry influencers, working with technology including online classes/webinars/videos, and social media marketing.
What You'll Learn:
- Recognize different sales channel opportunities
- Marketing tips to build and monetize your community
- Product Development Strategy and Processes
- How to collaborate with others in the industry to increase sales & reach
- Making use of current technologies to increase profits
- Strategies to engage your community
- Funding tips for expanding your business
About the Instructor:
Amy Barickman, founder and owner of Indygo Junction, The Vintage Workshop and Amy Barickman LLC, is a creative leader in the sewing and needle arts industry. In 1990, Amy founded Indygo Junction, a sewing pattern and book publishing company, to showcase the work of leading fabric and needle arts designers. Amy has a passion for all things vintage and has an impressive collection of textiles and handmade fabric art. This collection is the inspiration for much of Amy's work including the 15 fabric lines she designed for Red Rooster Fabrics. Amy recently launched her Crossroads Brand with denim fabric and patterns and will introduce a cotton line with RJR Fabrics in summer 2015.
With a knack for anticipating popular trends and new talent, Amy has discovered more than 40 innovative artists and designers, a list that is ever expanding. Amy's ability as a collaborative entrepreneur and creative architect has allowed her to design and market an impressive list of patterns and book releases, having released 1000 pattern titles and published 80 books, including recent releases Amy Barickman's Vintage Notions: An Inspirational Guide to Needlework, Cooking, Sewing, Fashion and Fun, Indygo Junction's Fabric Flowers, and The Magic Pattern Book.
Through her blogs, websites and e-newsletters, Amy inspires countless crafters to explore their own creative spirit and experiment with the newest sewing, fabric and crafting techniques. Keep up with Amy as she shares her ideas and inspiration at www.amybarickman.com and www.IndygoJunction.com and www.freevintagegraphics.com.
|Product Type||Video Download|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.