Contemporary Copper Jewelry
Create contemporary copper jewelry as Sharilyn Miller, the best-selling author of Bead on a Wire, teaches you how to make beautifully designed and afforable pieces, from bracelets and necklaces to earrings and pins. Copper offers jewelry makers a stylish, yet inexpensive alternative to silver, and is attractive, easy to work with, and very accessible.
Inside you will find:
Step-by-step photography for all projects and techniques
Tips for mixing metals with copper to create one-of-a-kind designs
An extensive technique section that includes distressing copper, simple metalwork, cold joins, and creating unique wire components
22 projects from a collection of top jewelry artists, including Rachel Nelson-Smith, Dale "Couger" Armstrong, Eugenia Chan, and Richard Salley, that are sure to inspire wire and metal jewelry enthusiasts
an instructional DVD with Sharilyn covering all the basics of wireworking to offer a solid foundation to create the projects in Contemporary Copper Jewelry with DVD
- Teaches great techniques and wonderful projects.
If you want to learn how to add texture to metal, cold connection, soldering and much more. This Books for you ! There's several projects and they show photos of the different tools used in jewelry making that you'll need .
Our St. Louis Library System has this book and I kept checking it out and decided I needed to buy this Wonderful Book . I very highly recommend this book if you want to learn to add texture to your skills .
(Posted on 6/4/2015)
- Great projects. Easy step by step illustrated instructions.
- So glad I bought this book. Lots of great projects and very clear step by step illustrated instructions to follow. Would suit beginners and more advanced wireworkers alike. (Posted on 3/3/2015)
- Fantastic Book !
- I saw this book at the library and checked it out and fell in love with the wonderful projects in this book . I checked it out constantly until I saw the great price here on Jewelry Making Daily and bought it . It's one of the best purchases I've made in learning material . The projects are great with wonderful photo's and instructions . I recommend this book to anyone who loves hammered textured jewelry . (Posted on 6/10/2014)
- Great Copper Book
- If you are working in base metals like the rest of us that are not able to afford the silver prices, this is a great book for your library. The author is familiar with copper and lets you in on soldering copper and working with it to the finishing. I learned new tricks for copper and the projects are unique, from working with washers to wire, to copper tubing. Fantastic book! (Posted on 6/17/2012)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.