Contemporary Celtic Crochet
Contemporary Celtic Crochet
24 Cabled Designs for Sweaters, Scarves, Hats and More
By Bonnie Barker
Create unique wearables and home décor items with Celtic stitches and motifs adapted for crochet. Discover new approaches to familiar stitches in the book, Contemporary Celtic Crochet!
Enjoy the stunning patterns that with a little practice, any level crocheter can achieve. In the same book, you will also find refreshing alternatives to the "repackaged" Aran patterns, which are great for taking your crochet skills to the next level.
You'll love this book if:
- You are looking for skill-building techniques for creating crocheted items with knitted appeal.
- You want a collection of 24 fresh interpretations of classic Aran designs.
- You want designs for babies, teens, adults, and home décor.
Contemporary Celtic Crochet will open up a whole world of possibilities for beginner crocheters, and will provide a much needed challenge to seasoned ones.
Order Contemporary Celtic Crochet today!
|Number Of Pages||128|
- Lovely patterns for the experienced crocheter
- I only crochet and have been looking for a book with crocheted cable patterns in Celtic designs (I'm of Irish/Scottish heritage) for many years! I absolutely love all the patterns and I'm looking forward to making them! Thank you, thank you! (Posted on 7/5/2016)
I haven't could find something like that book here in Denmark so, wend I found and got it I was that HAPPY. The book is beautiful and the patterns is fun to make.
Marry Christmas to you all from Denmark. (Posted on 11/23/2015)
- Beautiful cable crochet patterns
I initially had mixed feelings about this book. As an experienced knitter and crocheter, I prefer knit sweaters to crochet sweaters for a number of reasons. However, when I saw the cabled cardigan in this book, I was intrigued. I was also a bit disappointed at first, because I was mostly looking for sweater patterns, but some of the other projects quickly grew on me.
I also know it is difficult to make a purchase decision when you don't know what is included in a pattern book. Hopefully this will help:
The first 1/3 of the book contains a picture tutorial on how to do the various stitches in the patterns.
The 24 patterns consist of the following:
5 straight wraps and stoles
3 T-shaped wraps
2 baby blankets
A V-neck cardigan
A Collared cardigan
A V-neck sweater or vest
A Hat and scarf set
A Knapsack and 2 larger purse patterns that use wood handles and 2 smaller purses/phone cases.
Headband and infinity scarf pattern
A lace cape
2 afghan patterns
I gave the book 5 stars because the book is beautifully illustrated and I wanted to make several of the stole/wrap patterns because they are so lovely, not because I normally make or wear these items. I also gave it this rating because there is enough variety in the patterns to inspire using these techniques in one's own original creations. (Posted on 6/7/2015)
- Cable Love
- I just had to order this when I saw the cable designs. This book did not disappoint. The pictures, instructions are easy to follow and understand. Bonnie Barker also has a web site that has lots of videos to help do the cables in the book if the pictures are not enough. I have already started getting yarn from my stash to start the different projects that I want to do. (Posted on 4/23/2015)
- Crocht cables full steam!
The clear pictures showing the crochet cables "how to" are a must in this book. I was attracted by the crochet richness and style of the wrap cover project ( (yes, it´s a wrap!, and I think it has a bohemian attraction...), but was expecting more bohemian style projects inside .
Surely, will put this awesome crochet cables in projects i´ll be making!
Thank you Bonnie Barker! (Posted on 1/17/2015)
- changed my plans!!
- I am 75 and just started crocheting a couple years ago. I decided after the first of the year I was going to teach myself knitting because there is so much more you can do. I thought the patterns were prettier. Well, you have sure changed my mind! Now I can't wait to get started.I taught myself to crochet after a back surgery. Even Tunisian crochet. I am so inspired by this book and patterns. I was blown away by the pictures and patterns. Thank you thank you! Sharon Jackson (Posted on 12/15/2014)
- Love the cables
- This book is beautiful and full of beautiful cable crochet patterns. I cannot wait to get started as I plan on making several of these patterns. (Posted on 11/4/2014)
- Beautiful patterns!
- I plan to make several of the designs in this book. I never really liked cables done in crochet until I saw these. These designs are truly gorgeous. They do look time consuming, but worth it. The Hialeah Honey baby blanket has "family heirloom" written all over it! I want the Gaithersburg Stole for myself, but living in Florida, don't know how often I'd get a chance to wear it! (Posted on 10/17/2014)
- Fantastic if you LOVE cables
I pre-ordered this book and did not know what if any patterns would be in it, as the pre-order really did not give lots of info! This is a book that I can honestly say is one that I will make the most of the patterns up that are within it!
The wraps are so beautiful I have already started on the first one, and plan on working through all of them and probably some of the bags and other accessories. There are blankets/afhgans/bags/hats/scarves/etc!
The designer, Bonnie Barker is well known for her cable patterns and is more than willing to help out should you get stuck. This in addition to all her helpful videos online!
I can't say enough about this book ~ so if I could give it 10 stars I would! (Posted on 9/8/2014)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.