Color Wheeling for Art Journals with Pam Carriker Webinar Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Mixed-media artist Pam Carriker talks about all things color wheels! Color wheels are typically used solely as a guide for creating colors that work well together. They might also bring back memories of a boring high school or college art class. Well not anymore! With techniques from Pam Carriker, color wheels now do double-duty as a guide for creating beautiful color and being used as a fun design element in your art journal pages.
In this hour-long on-demand webinar, Pam Carriker shares techniques for using a color wheel stencil to create the tint, tone and shade of each primary, secondary and tertiary color. She'll also give you ideas for how to incorporate a variety of color wheels into your art journals for future reference and visual interest.
What You'll Get
- A video demonstration showing you the tint, tone, shade techniques Pam talks about.
- A recording of the full webinar.
About the Artist
Pam Carriker is an artist, instructor, author of books Art at the Speed of Life, Creating Art at the Speed of Life and Mixed Media Portraits with Pam Carriker, and a columnist for Somerset Art Journaling. Born and raised in the Pacific Northwest, she now resides in the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, area with her husband and her youngest son, while her two oldest boys serve in the Army and National Guard. Traveling to teach around the country is something she enjoys very much, as sharing the satisfaction that comes from creating art is her passion. Pam's work and writing can be found in more than fifty publications, and she serves as a Director's Circle Artist for Stampington & Company. She has created instructional art journaling videos for Strathmore Artist Papers line of visual journals as well as designed a line of stencils for StencilGirl and rubber art stamps for Stampington & Company. Pam also continues to develop her line of signature mixed-media products for Derivan Matisse. Turning her hobby into her dream job has been the culmination of a lifelong pursuit of living a creative life, and she firmly believes it is never too late to begin living Art at the Speed of Life! Visit Pam at pamcarriker.com.
|Product Type||Video Download|
|Technique||Color, Art Journaling|
- Informative and inspiring material, worth the price
This "webinar" was very informative, if a bit low-tech -- not a negative.
I revisited the book I have with Carriker's color wheel chapter in it, ordered some of her stencils, found my color wheel and have enjoyed putting her creative ideas to work in my own work. While this is not a comprehensive color theory class, it was not marketed as such and was just enough "instruction" to inform and inspire me. Sometimes I like to learn the rules so I can tweak them. The companion download was also valuable.
(A former critic, 4 stars from me is high accolades - Oscar/Pulitzer caliber gets 5 stars!) (Posted on 4/16/2016)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.