Collage in the Round DVD
Use inexpensive wire, simple tools and rice paper to create intricate 3D wire structures that speak to and about you! With Jenny Cochran Lee’s fun and gentle instruction, you’ll feel like you’re working with an old friend with new ideas about wire and paper crafts. Follow along and learn from her approachable take on how to create paper fabric and work with wire to create dimensional sculptures.
Explore this innovative workshop and discover . . .
- How to create paper fabric that you can craft with paints, stamps, ink, old journal entries, and more to infuse your pieces with memories and add a personal element to your work
- The ins-and-outs of building a wire structure using Jenny’s “Three S’s” approach and her simple “hook and pinch” technique to connect wire.
- Secrets to creating a “lining” for your structure with paper fabric—sew paper to attach your pieces. (Sewing beginners welcome!)
- A range of approaches to wire sculpture- from free form and abstract wire structures to familiar shapes, including a bra sculpture!
Jenny encourages her viewers to use their imaginations to create in new and exciting ways, using the simple and approachable techniques in this wire workshop. Send a message through your artwork with the help of an endearing and knowledgeable instructor.
Order your copy of Collage in the Round today!
|Author/Designer||Jenny Cochran Lee|
- Mixed feelings
- There are several great things about the video. I learned about painting and stamping rice paper and how to turn that into a fabric-like material that can be sewn. That's awesome. I truly, however, wanted to make the bra which is the first sculpture shown. I ran into several issues. First, there are no dimensions given which would have helped. Second, we aren't told the gauge of wire to use. I found that 20 seemed nearly sturdy enough, but it was hard to loop & secure. Trying 24 for the cross pieces of the straps was easier, but they kept sliding down the side pieces. Ultimately,once I got everything secured, the one of the base loops just snapped. That project failed, twice. Now, the free-form project at the end (which I think might have been better to have been the first demonstration) was very successful, as was the paper creation. So, while I'm not 100% happy, I did learn some new techniques and the video - while lacking some helpful information, was well-produced and interesting. (Posted on 3/9/2014)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.