Cloth Paper Scissors, Summer 2005 Digital Edition
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
In this issue we asked several artists: If you could meet your favorite art guru, the one you credit for getting you involved in paper and/or fiber artistry, who you you choose? There are scores of artists I've admired and loved--but the one who inspired me to get into mixed media? That's a difficult question. If I could meet Van Gogh I'd tell him that gazing at my postcard-sized reprint of "The Bedroom" restores my sense of calm. I'd confess to Mary Cassatt that it's her depictions of mothers embracing freshly bathed babies with cheeks as round and shiny as apples that make me long for motherhood.
But as much as visual artists move me, since childhood my art gurus have been writers. And from my childhood endeavors of story-inspired dioramas and drawings, to my adulthood interpretations of favorite novels with small art quilts and altered books, my latest attempt at art--at long last--doesn't interpret someone else's story, but rather my own. For the past six months I've been crafting hand-stitched journals of paper and fabric in which to spill my own daily entries and stories. I have my newfound art guru, Frances Pickering (see our artist profile, page 56) to credit for becoming addicted to mixed-media journaling. Using paint, stitch, and text, she captures her observations of the natural world and memorable times with family and friends with such acute perception and feeling, I can't help but be inspired . . .
If you want to handcraft your own book, see Elli Woodsford's article (page 44) on how to take flora from your garden and create beautifully hand-made books of pressed flowers. What a wonderful idea for those of us of us who endure such long and harsh winters! Of if you'd rather create a shrine to house all of your own art gurus or muses, see Allison Strine's whimsical article starting on page 24. In addition, there's vintage luggage to be altered (see Linda Blinn's piece on page 38). We kick off this issue with Cindy O'Leary's account of her 50th birthday bash and how she invited her closest friends over for the weekend to do nothing but create art. Who says slumber parties are just for kids?
Perhaps you'll find your art guru among these pages.
|Product Type||Magazine Download|
|Author/Designer||Cloth Paper Scissors Editors|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.