Cloth Paper Scissors, November/December 2014 Digital Edition
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Celebrate 10 awesome years of mixed-media ideas, projects & inspiration with the Cloth Paper Scissors November/December 10th Anniversary Issue!
Hear from Jeannine Stein, Cloth Paper Scissors Editorial Director:
"Ten years ago this magazine hit the newsstands and subscriber mailboxes with a bang, and what an incredible decade it's been. Looking back over the extraordinary art that's been featured in these pages I feel a mixture of joy, respect, and gratitude: joy at the breadth and caliber of the artwork, respect for the talented artists who have contributed their exceptional artwork, and gratitude for our loyal, enthusiastic community that inspires us to do what we do."
In this issue of Cloth Paper Scissors you'll find:
- Character Art Pieces with fabric & stitch by Shirlee McGuire
"I draw inspiration for my pieces from many sources, but I especially enjoy using characters from classic books, fairy tales, history, and film, and then exploring other sides of their imagined personas."
- Compose As-You-Go - collage designs for cards and posters by Nancy Overton
"I make the individual elements of a design one at a time, move the elements around on the page, and then add to them or change them until every piece looks like it has found its right place. Only then do I glue the elements to the background to make a finished design."
- Nail Polish Decals by Laurel Nathanson
"Being a high school jewelry shop teacher has taught me many things over the years. When one of my students came into class with marbleized polished fingernails, I was struck with how cool they were and had to know how she did it. While watching this process, I fell in love with the colorful, trippy concentric circles, and I knew I had to find a way to use this process for art making."
- Simple Vintage Assemblage Jewelry with romantic resin pendants by Andrea Verrill
"Bring your junk jewelry back to life by recycling it into unique pieces of assemblage jewelry. Like many women, I have a box full of jewelry that I never wear but don't have the heart to throw away. After discovering the art of assemblage, I have found that old bracelets can be used to build new necklaces, and the gaudy earring missing its mate can make a pretty charm. I love the idea of wearing something beloved by someone from the past as a way to honor him or her."
- Gelli Jumpstart Journals - layered prints made easy by Patti Tolley Parrish
"I love my Gelli® plate. I can sit for hours and make print after print on this silicone monoprinting plate. One day I sat in my studio and looked at my stack of prints and thought, this is ridiculous. I need to do something with all these papers. The idea of making a journal with them came to me, but I'm not much of a book maker. So I started thinking about how I could make a journal that would be easy for a rookie like me."
- Vibrant Layered Collaged Cards by Kristin Peterson
"As a mixed-media artist I save everything—and I have a very hard time throwing anything away, even small scraps of paper. Sometimes I like to challenge myself to create art using only scraps that can be found either on my desk or on the floor of my studio. This is how these cards came about."
- Mixed-Media Mosaics - designing with papers, beads, and embellishments by Geri Degruy
"I have a passion for using small items as building blocks to create larger, artistic creations, and I love the intricately pieced look of mosaics. Even though traditional mosaics are gorgeous, making them involves special equipment, cutting tiles, and dealing with messy grout. Worth it, but...I found an easier way."
- Results from our Black, White, & Read
All Over reader challenge
"Our readers were challenged to create a small ornament using old book pages (preferably pre-1923 or public domain) and any materials and embellishments from their stash, as long as they fit on an ATC-size ornament. As always our readers rose to the occasion, and we received close to a hundred entries! These little creations would be a delight to have hanging in any room, any time of year!"
You'll find all these features, projects, and inspiration in this issue—download or order your copy today!
|Product Type||Magazine Download|
|Author/Designer||Cloth Paper Scissors Editors|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.