The Cloth Paper Scissors Book Techniques and Inspiration for Creating Mixed-Media Art
Uncover the very best articles and projects from the first six years of Cloth Paper Scissors magazine. Barbara Delaney, assistant editor for Cloth Paper Scissors magazine, has assembled a gold mine of the top articles, hands-on art pieces, and mixed-media ideas for the first time ever. Explore the exciting worlds of collage, journaling, encaustic, printing, assemblage, metal work, and more. Discover how to make interesting fabric surface designs, keep a uniquely-you sketchbook, and transform a basic photograph into something unexpected. The only rule in this must-have mixed-media resource is that there are no rules.
In addition to projects and techniques, the artists of The Cloth Paper Scissors Book elaborate on their favorite tools and mediums. Choosing and using just the right paint, fabric, paintbrush, glue, paper, wax, found object, and more is made easy for you with this light-hearted guide. The projects inside are suitable for many skill levels, with opportunities for every mixed-media enthusiast to have fun while enhancing their skills and adding a personal touch to their art. If you are new to mixed-media, you will love the accessible and easy-to-learn projects. And if you are already familiar with mixed-media and Cloth Paper Scissors magazine, you will love the convenience of owning so many great articles and art project ideas in one superb collection.
With The Cloth Paper Scissors Book, you'll enjoy the advice and company of the best mixed-media artists in the convenience of your own home.
- Worth the wait!
- It took awhile to get here to New Zealand, but it's a great "ideas" book, especially at the sales price, which makes it extremely good value for money even with overseas postage applied. The techniques aren't outdated at all, despite the book being a few years old now. I'm thoroughly enjoying the diversity and wealth of talent this publication brings together. Gotta love Beryl Taylor's work! She's set me off on a whole new course of creativity. Well done, all! (Posted on 1/15/2014)
- the book is nice but not enough info
I am so frustrated I bought this book to learn how to make the art quilt by by beryl taylor ---I am a true beginner and I do not know how to start the project. I went back to the cloth paper and scissors
article to see if I missed anything but actually the reason I bought the book was to get some more info on the whole thing. Then I see in the magazine you need to buy the DVD to find out how to layer. Well in checking out the DVD on line it appears the particular project I want to make on page 36 might not even be on the DVD. You people assume that anyone doing these projects already know the basics. Guess what we all have to start somewhere and I am at the very bottom trying to claw my way up. I am enjoying the book but not enough info for sure. (Posted on 9/29/2013)
- The Cloth Paper Scissors Book:Techniques and Inspiration for Creating Mixed-Media Art
- I really love this book...In fact, I keep it on the kitchen table and thumb through it almost every morning while eating my breakfast. "Inspiration" to the MAX!! I really like the variety of art projects, along their clear instructions and lists of supplies. (Posted on 11/11/2011)
- Cloth, Paper Scissors Book: Techniques and Inspiration for Creating Mixed-Media Art
- This colorful, gorgeous book has something for all artists, beginners to advanced. Barbara has assembled (in her own words) "the very best articles and projects from the first six years of Cloth Paper Scissors magazine." I am thrilled to be included with my article, Travel Journals, Maps as a Starting Point. Barbara's writes about finding inspiration and getting over artist's block, speaking to the artist in us all. She has some encouraging ideas on how to get the most out of your creative day. I have already gone to the craft store to pick up some Transparent Liquid Sculpey to make some translucent transfers as explained by D. J. Pettitt. Digging through my studio cupboards I found an old stash of thin metals so that I could try out Beryl Taylor's Metal Magic. This book covers an array of mixed-media ideas in a well organized and informative way. Printing and transfer methods, sketching, journaling, collage and assemblage, and mixed-media hand stitching all come to life packed in this energetic new book. If you can (Posted on 11/8/2011)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.