Knitting Daily Workshop: Classic to Creative Knit Cables with Kathy Zimmerman Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Cables are one of the most popular knitting techniques because they create the most wonderful surface interest and scale to any knitted fabric, whether they are classic textured ropes, romantic twists, or rugged braids. Become a cable knitting master with Classic to Creative Knit Cables.
This video includes:
- An introduction to the rich variety of cable designs, types of cable needles, and how to read a interpret a stitch chart.
- Step-by-step cabling techniques used in Zimmerman's "Deep Creek Scarf" and "Princess Cable Sweater" patterns--two updated classics with timeless stitches and included as free downloads in companion with this video.
- Special how-to chapter on avoiding cable-knitting errors and how to fix problems such as incorrectly crossed cables or cables with gaps on the sides.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Easy to follow
- I found it easy to follow. I'm used to chart. The chart is attached to the video. If one isn't used to knitting cables or using chart it is best to knit along or make samples. The pattern is advanced but not difficult to do. I also found the story telling interesting because it is the history behind the patterns. (Posted on 7/8/2014)
- Easy to follow
- I found it easy to follow. I'm used to follow charts, which is attached to the video. It is advanced cable knitting but not difficult. If one is not used to knit cable it would be better to knit along or knit samples before hand. (Posted on 7/7/2014)
- Very bad DVD
- I too was very very disappointed for a $19.95 DVD I paid. I don't think I got my money's worth. Kathy doesn't explain in detail how she started the cable from scratch. I am a beginner and I was totally lost. Wish it was slower too, her hand covered the cable design and I couldn't see the end result after she picked up those cable stitches. Wish I could get my money back. Plus the DVD's design was a disaster, hard to follow with a Title from 1 to 7 and each title having 2 chapters. More detail needed to be added like more pictures and the chart was hard to see. She didn't supply those charts so I can see it in print or for download. That should have been part of the deal. (Posted on 12/29/2013)
- I knew that Kathy was a cable queen, but the only thing she did was follow a chart. Anyone can do that. Yes did explain who to fix cables if you cross the the other side, etc. (Posted on 1/24/2011)
- Classic to Creative Knit Cables with Kathy Zimmerman
- I am very disappointed with this video. I am new to cable knitting and she did very little beyond following the chart. She only covered how to correct 1 mistake. I think she could have given more tips than spending time on the history of cable knitting. (Posted on 12/29/2010)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.