Classic Teddy Bear Knitting Pattern Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
This old-fashioned, long-limbed silly ol' stuffed bear features vintage touches such as contrasting paw pads, hand embroidered features, and fully jointed limbs. This simple toy will become a treasure.
Finished Size: 11"
Yarn: The Alpaca Yarn Co. Classic Alpaca (100% alpaca; 11 0 yd [101 m]/50 g): #206 Waikiki tan (MC), 1 ball; #207 Boston beige (CC), 1 ball.
Yarn weight: #3 - Light
Gauge: 20 sts and 27 rows = 4" in St st.
Needles: Size 3 (3.25 mm). Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
Notions: Tapestry needle; polyester stuffing; black embroidery thread; black beads for eyes; pins; sewing needle; strong brown thread for attaching eyes; disks and cotter pins for jointing
Originally Published: Interweave Knits Holiday Gifts, 2007
|Product Type||Pattern Download|
|Author/Designer||Mary Ann Gebhartdt|
|Project||Stuffed Animal, Toys|
- Greatest gift ever!!
- I made this bear for my little brother (all 21 years of him) last christmas, and it was such a hit that I made another one for my mom too. It's so much fun when you finally put all the pieces together and the bear starts to take its shape. The pattern was easy enough to follow, and though the disc info isn't on the pattern, the people on the website (Edinburgh Imports I believe) were super helpful. And the moving limbs and turning head are a big hit!!!! I always get so many compliments on the bears. I have a new niece, and I'm going to make one for her too... without the joints and eyes as the pattern advises for infants. Can't wait to see my niece with a new teddy bear her Aunt Ali made just for her!! (Posted on 2/3/2011)
- Classic Teddy Bear
- Adorable bear. Made it twice and instructions were easy to follow. If you want to make a special gift try this. Doesn't matter the age, they will love it. (Posted on 2/2/2011)
- Pattern doesn''t give complete info
- It doesn''t say what size of discs and cotter pins to use; if you go to the specified website, there are at least 30 or so sizes. Same with the eyes. I don''t mind ordering a couple different sets of eyes and discs/pins to see what works best, but the pattern should at least give an idea of how big they should be. I haven''t actually tried the pattern yet, because of this. I wanted to make it for my mom for Christmas, but it looks like I''ll have to make it first, then try to figure out what sizes I need. Probably won''t have time now. :( (Posted on 10/28/2010)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.