Choosing and Using the Perfect Clasp for Your Beaded Jewelry
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Choosing what sort of clasp to use on your beaded jewelry can be very frustrating; it seems sometimes that there are more questions than answers when it comes to choosing and using a clasp. There are practical considerations: will it be comfortable, will it stay closed, can it be opened with one hand or behind the neck, will it break, and, what if it needs to be replaced? There are also aesthetic points to consider: is this clasp in scale with this piece, is it visually "heavy" enough or too heavy, does it flow with the design or fight with it, are the colors pleasing, or would something else really be better? Should I use a manufactured clasp or a beaded clasp? Which one is better? How do I attach different types of clasps? Why isn't my clasp staying under my wrist where it belongs? Why does my toggle clasp look like it's off-center?
Join artist and beading instructor Cynthia Newcomer Daniel for this web seminar dedicated to answering these questions (and many more!) about choosing the right clasp for your beaded jewelry design. Cynthia has used many different types of handmade and manufactured clasps in her own beadwork, and has learned the hard way how to choose a clasp that will best fit the needs of the wearer, look good while it is being worn, and stay on. She will use examples to demonstrate what makes a clasp effective and attractive with various types of beadwork, and will share how she connects different types of clasps (manufactured and handmade) to beadwork. Join her and never second-guess your clasp decisions again!
In this web seminar you will learn:
- Which option suits your design best: when should you use a beaded clasp, and when should you use a manufactured clasp?
- How to pick (or make) a bracelet clasp that stays under your wrist, leaving the focal on top where it belongs.
- What makes a clasp comfortable to wear and what this means for your beaded jewelry designs.
- Tips for picking a clasp that is in scale – visually and physically – with your beadwork.
- Techniques for attaching different types of clasps to beadwork.
- And so much more!
About the instructor:
Cynthia Newcomer Daniel has been beading and making jewelry for nearly 50 years; her grandmothers and her parents were her first teachers. In addition to working with beads, she also enjoys creating with textiles, fibers and precious metals. She loves to experiment, and enjoys adapting techniques from one medium to another. You can see more of her work at: http://JewelryTales.com
Who will benefit from this web seminar:
- Beaders who want to know when to use a manufactured clasp, when to use a beaded clasp, and which type of each to choose for their own projects.
- Beaders who want to choose clasps that lay nicely and stay attached to their beadwork.
- Beaders who want to learn what to consider when choosing a clasp for children, older people, active people, or any other personality type.
- Beaders who want to learn how to choose the best clasp for their beadwork every time.
|Product Type||Video Download|
|Author/Designer||Cynthia Newcomer Daniel|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.