Chinese Dragon Shawl Crochet Pattern Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Thread and filet crochet combine to create a fantastical dragon shawl. Bead crochet stitches edge the length of this crochet lace shawl.
Finished Size: 70" wide, 22" long.
Yarn: Nazli Gelin Garden size 10 (100% mercerized cotton; 306 yd [280 m]/1 ¾ oz [50 g]): #06 ruby, 5 balls. Thread distributed by Universal Yarns.
Yarn Weight: #0 - Lace
Needles: 4 (2 mm) steel hook. Adjust hook size if necessary to obtain correct gauge.
Notions: Large-eye beading needle for stringing beads; 150 g size 6 ° seed beads.
Gauge: 13 blocks and 15 rows = 4" before blocking.
Originally Published: Interweave Crochet Fall 2012
|Product Type||Pattern Download|
- Lovely and Fun
- I've started this and it's a lot of fun. Be forewarned - this is NOT a pattern for a beginning filet crocheter. There's not a lot of explanation of the different stitches or how to read the chart. If you want to try this, I highly recommend trying a simpler filet pattern first. That said, the pattern's lovely. It's been easy to adapt to some of the thread/lace yarn I have here. (Posted on 9/20/2014)
- Instructions could've been clearer...
- Shawl is beautiful but this is not for the faint-hearted. Not relaxing at all....wouldn't purchase it again. (Posted on 8/11/2014)
- Wow! Everyone loves this shawl!
- I'm working on the sixth (or maybe seventh) of this pattern...in fact, I've almost worn out the paper copy, and had to come and get a digital copy...I made two for Christmas gifts...and one for myself...I found filet easy to do (I never crocheted before last July!)...but maybe because I do counted cross stitch, following a chart comes easy. Katheryn assumes you KNOW the basic stitches, and the basics of Filet, so she doesn't waste space explaining them...(both are easy to find on the Internet and YouTube...the author used nazli gelin thread, which it love...but I also used other thread selections and was quite happy with the result. I highly recommend this pattern, and anything Kathryn Smith designs! (Posted on 3/14/2014)
- Perfect Special Gift
- I worked up this shawl and it is beautiful. Make sure you understand basic filet crochet stitches as these were not given clearly in the pattern. (Posted on 6/24/2013)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.